Windows 10: Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

Discus and support Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro. Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carlman777, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro.

Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc. while on Google Search, and I click "save". The saved item doesn't show up in the usual folders as in old PCs I had as these folders: Downloads, Pictures. Then after doing PC search for said images, find them in FireShot folder! That's strange.

I have Fireshot extension in my browser. But I never selected this extension to be the place where all images be stored!

1 Why they are being saved to Fireshot?

2 How to configure my PC to send images saved from the web, to the proper named folders Pictures, Downloads.

Thank you.

:)

Carlman777, Mar 27, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Why are pictures I download showing up on my desktop and some pictures I don't know who they are being saved on my computer?

Hello,

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• From where are you trying to download and save the Pictures?
    • While saving the Pictures are you not prompted to save in a particular location?
    I suggest you to check in the Downloads folder and check if they exist there.

• Press Windows + E keys and select Downloads
      in the left side Navigation bar and check if the downloaded Pictures exists there.
    Please post to us with more information and results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

my screenshots are not saved to pictures folder where screenshots are saved by default on windows 10

Hi Wasim,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What happens when you try making changes in the registry?

2. Where exactly does the picture get saved?

I suggest you to try the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool and check for system health
    and then try saving the pictures to picture folder.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)is the tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

1. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders! - Similar Threads - Images pictures saved

2. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  3. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  4. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  5. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  6. Saving to Pictures Folder

7. Remove Saved Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Saved Pictures Folder: Windows 10, version 2004 19041.928 I have recently bought an iphone 11 smartphone, totally new to me, and I have downloaded photos from it which appear in Documents/Pictures on my W10 pc. I am pleased with that. Unfortunately I now have a more or less permanent, insistent and...
  8. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  9. Saving pictures to a picture folder

Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....
  10. Save As To Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Save As To Pictures Folder: Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point.