Windows 10: Images when starting up from sleep mode

Discus and support Images when starting up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Whenever my pc is in sleep mode or screensaver and I want to go back to my desktop I get this random image and I can choose if I like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florian, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Florian Win User

Images when starting up from sleep mode

Hi there,

Whenever my pc is in sleep mode or screensaver and I want to go back to my desktop I get this random image and I can choose if I like it or not.

Does anybody know where that comes from and what these images are?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Florian, Feb 27, 2016

2. Weird behavior in sleep mode in windows 10

Hi

I am using Windows 10 I face weird behavior when using the sleep mode here are the steps:

1. Connect PC to wireless network from mobile phone (iPhone).

2. Go to sleep mode from windows.

3. Turn off the hot spot from mobile.

Result: the PC started right away (wake up from sleep mode).

Expected result: PC should remain in sleep mode.

nizar salameh, Feb 27, 2016
  3. WaltMaken Win User
    My Windows 10 desktop doesn't stay in Sleep mode since the last large update

Shawn,

Thank you for your response.

The PIN sign in is no problem, I'm fine with that aspect of the situation. But thank you for the info on how to address that if need be.

Regarding your suggestion about a possibly too-sensitive mouse. The situation is not the same as when the display is set to time-out and after it's timed out then any movement of the mouse brings the display back to life.

What I'm talking about is when you deliberately put the computer into the Sleep mode by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left corner , then highlighting the "Shut down or sign out" option then left clicking on the Sleep option.

Images when starting up from sleep mode [​IMG]

When you put the computer to Sleep by clicking on Sleep, then you have to press the Enter key to get the computer out of the Sleep mode; just moving the mouse as when the display times out will not bring it out of Sleep mode. Also, After putting
    it into Sleep mode, I then turn the monitor off. And then before bringing it back out of Sleep mode, I turn the monitor on first. I particularly like the Sleep mode for extended periods of inactivity because it stops the harddrives from running. When you click
    on the Enter key to bring it back out of the Sleep mode, then the harddrives start up again.

As I mentioned, before the latest extensive Windows 10 update, when I put the desktop into the Sleep mode it stayed there until I deliberately brought it out of the Sleep mode. Again, no amount of moving the mouse will bring it out of Sleep mode,
    you must press the Enter key. But since the extensive update, it will stay in Sleep mode for a while and then start back up for some currently unknown reason to me. Perhaps due to a email being received, etc. ?????? Whatever the reason, I want to be able
    to put the desktop into Sleep mode and have it stay there until I deliberately bring it back out of Sleep.

Thanks for your comment.

WaltMaken, Feb 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Images when starting up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Images starting sleep

2. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode: Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks...
  3. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode: Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks...
  4. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  6. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  7. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  8. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Images when starting up from sleep mode