Windows 10: Images with padlock after Clean install of W10 from W7

Discus and support Images with padlock after Clean install of W10 from W7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I ran in a little issues there. I made a clean install from W7 to W10 and copied all pictures to external HDD(Just in case of I f* up installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by friikadello, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Images with padlock after Clean install of W10 from W7

Hi!
    I ran in a little issues there. I made a clean install from W7 to W10 and copied all pictures to external HDD(Just in case of I f* up installation and format wrong partition) and on local partition, now on fresh w10 they are with padlock symbol and I can't access them don't have permission nor on External HDD nor on HDD. I can't even copy from external, it ask if I want to Copy without Encryption, If try to copy without it it just gives me shortcuts. I remember long long time I set some privacy that only this user can access these images or something like that it was few years ago, I really don't remember what i did there. But now I can't access them as I have new clean OS. Is there any chance that I still can access them ? If you don't know the answer maybe you could suggest me some keywords I should search in google?

:)

friikadello, Jun 25, 2016

2. W7 to W10 Update Failure

Contacted MS via chat on 2016-08-02 and agent was courteous, and stated that I should have been able to update from W7 to W10 given my issues.

In any case, tried to Remote Desktop with agent, but was unable to do so. Got download link from agent for USB W10 update and...

. Failed 2x to update from W7 to W10 (after apparent W10 update, PC rebooted and reverted back to W7...) using USB thumb drive.

. Decided to do clean install to W10 directly (loosing my W7 setups - no matter for this PC, and I had image backup...) and this time it did work (need to input your License Key Number in order to complete the update)....

Apparently my W7/PC combination was not able to be updated (why? don't know) but it did work doing a clean W10 from USB.

RafaelZorrilla, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Kenrw8 Win User
    Windows 10 failure after install

Well I upgraded from W7 to W10 but W10 just kept freezing, start Firefox app and it would faill to close and the system would freeze the only way to restore was force switch off. After restart tried to MS Word and that too froze so after trying several more
    programs with same result.

Tried to create a boot media for a clean w10 install and that failed with not responding, tried revert back to w7 but that fail as no back files were found.

So did a reinstall of w7 with deleting and format C drive followed by re install of backup image.

I'm not going to try W10 again.

regards

Ken

Kenrw8, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Images with padlock after Clean install of W10 from W7

alphanumeric, Jun 25, 2016
  5. ok. Those files in Properties - Advanced Attributes - Encrypt to secure data is checked and in Details I can see my previous PC name and Certificate Thumbprint. What ever i try to do it says I have no permission. Recovery certificates are empty. I really don't remember what I was doing there couple years ago.
    In others words I have f*d up. Russians would says "Pizdets" Very difficult situation without any solution.

friikadello, Jun 25, 2016
  6. Without the decrypt code I think your SOL.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Images with padlock after Clean install of W10 from W7

1. Images with padlock after Clean install of W10 from W7 - Similar Threads - Images padlock Clean

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with installing w10 on w7

Problem with installing w10 on w7: Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid...
  6. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  7. Installation Failure W7 - W10

Installation Failure W7 - W10: Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Is anyone familiar with this?...
  8. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  9. Installers written for W7 - on W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installers written for W7 - on W10?: Hi all *Smile I am thinking of building a 64-bit W10 machine; I currently use 64-bit W7. I remember going from W98 to XP, it was impossible to install many (all?) w98 apps in XP, until the sw dev came out with a new installer compatible with XP. Same with XP to Vista....
  10. Return from W10 to W7

Return from W10 to W7: Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me. 27444