Windows 10: Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Discus and support Imaging Device category missing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sportflyer, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device category is missing. Tried Hardware troubleshoot , resetting Camera etc . no luck.

Computer is an old Sony Vaio BGC-JS190D running latest update Windows 10.

Why is the category Imaging Devices not showing up in Device manager?

Does this mean my web cam is dead? Will installing a ext webcam fix the problem ?

Tks

:)

sportflyer, Dec 19, 2017
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

It is possible that your Imaging Devices may be missing can be due to outdated drivers. For us to assist you further, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstall your webcam?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

For step 5, where exactly should we be looking for our drivers?

Steven Vascellaro, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Hi Sportflyer.

Are any devices in Device Manager showing with a yellow exclamation mark?

Do you know what driver was being used when you removed? Went to Dell and can't find driver for a webcam for that device. If I could I would recommend you use it. The category is missing as Windows doesn't think you have one.

What I think happened is a driver got updated which caused failure. You can look in Windows update history and see if a driver was installed on your behalf.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2017
  5. No yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager.
    I forgot to note the name of the built in camera.
    Update history didnt show anything.

sportflyer, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Could you go into Device manager and show hidden devices. Does the Category show with any devices.

Any chance you are running with Restore points enabled? If so you could do a system restore to a point just before issue started.

Next, I would imagine as it is an older laptop the battery is removable. Sometimes things can be reset by...

Unplugging from wall, remove battery, disconnect all external USB devices, hold power button don for 25 seconds. Install battery, plug in, boot. Once booted connect USB devices.

Strange manufacture site does not have driver.

Ken

7. In one article it mentioned that camera may be listed as USB Imaging device, do you have one of those?

EDIT: Could you also please confirm model number. You listed as BGC-JS190D. Are you sure it is not VGC?

Thanks

8. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

I purchased a budget Logitec webcam C270. After installation everything is working with the new webcam . Device manager now shows the category Imaging devices. I wont bother trying to fix the old built in webcam since this new one is so much better. Tks for all the suggestions

sportflyer, Dec 20, 2017
  9. Glad it's working.

Please mark your thread solved so other will find you solution.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Imaging Device category missing in device manager

1. Imaging Device category missing in device manager - Similar Threads - Imaging Device category

2. W10 desktop Batteries CATEGORY is MISSING from Device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 desktop Batteries CATEGORY is MISSING from Device manager.: I have a W10 desktop.In Device manager it lists: Audio inputs and outputs Bluetooth Cameras ComputerThe CATEGORY for Batteries is not there! It should be between Audio and Bluetooth.As a consequence connecting a UPS and monitoring it is not possible, the device is...
  3. W10 desktop Batteries CATEGORY is MISSING from Device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 desktop Batteries CATEGORY is MISSING from Device manager.: I have a W10 desktop.In Device manager it lists: Audio inputs and outputs Bluetooth Cameras ComputerThe CATEGORY for Batteries is not there! It should be between Audio and Bluetooth.As a consequence connecting a UPS and monitoring it is not possible, the device is...
  4. W10 desktop Batteries CATEGORY is MISSING from Device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager: Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it...
  6. imaging devices missing

imaging devices missing: if any one is not able to locate the imaging devices you can watch this video to solve the problem click here to watch the video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imaging-devices-missing/508beb81-d082-4962-b56a-082e1daf1370
  7. Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager

Completely Missing Human Interface Category from Device Manager: Hey there! I was having some trouble getting my touch screen to connect to my computer. The screen was working, but my computer didn't seem to register that it had a solid connection. I updated all my drivers just in case, and tried again. Still, the same problem. I updated...
  8. Missing Imaging Devices

Missing Imaging Devices: Ok, I do not have any imaging devices at all. There is no software installed for my built in camera at all. Therefore my question is where I could download the camera software (much like for built in mic and sound)? Laptop - Lenovo Yoga 510- 14ISK...
  9. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager: I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at the state of the drivers on device manager, but not only was the device not showing up in "Sound, video and game controllers",...
  10. Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category

Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category: Hi All, On My Windows 10 Desktop, I am seeing few unknown devices in the Device Manager under Other Devices category. Please help me understand and know which are these devices for. Shown in the image attachment: [img] These devices are confusing, especially Nokia Obex...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Imaging Device category

2. device catagory missing