Windows 10: Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Discus and support Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by &Jasper, Mar 26, 2020.

1. &Jasper Win User

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Hey,

I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it to see if it works. When I tried reinstalling it through "add legacy hardware" all of the model options give me "unknown device" when I check the new imaging devices tab. I've tried updating drivers afterwards but it does nothing. Let me know if you need information "Cameras" is still functional with updated driver. Please helps, thanks. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager 58093559-0cbc-4cb2-9cbd-f2733735e572?upload=true.png

:)

&Jasper, Mar 26, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Mar 26, 2020
  3. dtraiN187 Win User
    device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, Mar 26, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

missing camcorder imaging device "drivers"

It looks like the manufacturer of the device you're trying to install didn't release drivers to Windows 10.

As a workaround, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer and ask for the legacy drivers of the device for Windows 7. Once you have the file of the drivers, right-click on it and choose
    Extract. Once done, add it as a legacy driver. To do so, see the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager > Action > Add legacy hardware. Follow the virtual steps to add a hardware.
    • Once done, it will show you the common hardware types; then, choose IEEE 1394 host controllers.
    • After choosing IEEE 1394 host controllers, it will show you the page to select the manufacturer and model of your hardware.
    • To choose for the legacy driver you've extracted, click Have Disk >
      Browse. Now it will show you the window to locate the file.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions above.

John Sarc, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager - Similar Threads - Imaging device driver

2. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  3. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  4. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager: So, I accidentally ended the task of windows explorer in the task manager and then the desktop was gone.I restarted it, everything became normal but now the fingerprint isn't working. I have installed the drivers for my laptop again from the manufacturer's website but the...
  6. Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager: So, I accidentally ended the task of windows explorer in the task manager and then the desktop was gone.I restarted it, everything became normal but now the fingerprint isn't working. I have installed the drivers for my laptop again from the manufacturer's website but the...
  7. Missing drivers in device manager

Missing drivers in device manager: I am trying to connect an external cd/dvd drive to my computer, which uses Windows 10. However, under Device Manager, there is no category for DVD/CD-ROM Drives. When I plug in my external disc drive, it does have power, but it is not recognized in File Explorer. I have not...
  8. Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager

Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager: Bluetooth not working- the devices get paired but not connected, and the windows HFP audio device 97 driver was first not configured properly, then got uninstalled, and now is completely missing from Device Manger, and other devices missing tab is completely missing from...
  9. Drivers are missing in Device Manager.

Drivers are missing in Device Manager.: My others devices are missing in device manager and giving me an unknown device.Pus i don't find sm bus controller in device manager after windows 10 update version 1709.This issue happened after one month suddenly.I had all the windows not functioning suddenly after...
  10. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Imaging Device category missing in device manager: Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device...