Windows 10: Imaging programs

Discus and support Imaging programs in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Now that Windows System Images are apparently no longer supported (deprecated) and the option may be removed from Windows 10, I am looking for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hazel123, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Hazel123 Win User

Imaging programs

Now that Windows System Images are apparently no longer supported (deprecated) and the option may be removed from Windows 10, I am looking for a simple, user friendly way of making system images. I previously tried using Macrium reflect to clone a drive and had issues and found it complicated. So I tried EaseUS todo. Didnt get far with that as the install crashed with a runtime doll error. That didnt fill me with confidence so I have downloaded Macrium reflect free 7. It seems a bit simpler to do an image than cloning. First issue though is that the second window that opens with the backup criteria to select, doesnt actually fit on the screen! So next or any other selection is out of view. And cant seem to move the box upwards on the screen. With F11 full screen and the task bar dropped out of sight I can just access the essential buttons at the bottom of the window. But that hasnt filled me with confidence either. I now have an image being done and it says it will take 3 hours! (Drive contents are 500gb approx on a 1tb drive.). Is that normal? I know Macrium Reflect is very popular but I still dont understand half of the tick box selections and find it a bit complicated. I really miss Windows built in image maker - it was so simple! And it always worked for me. I realise third party image software will be slightly more complex as they offer a lot more than just system imaging. But can anyone reccommend something real simple and intuitive? It now says it will take 5 hours!

:)

Hazel123, Jun 3, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 3, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Imaging programs

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Imaging programs

1. Imaging programs - Similar Threads - Imaging programs

2. Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs: Hello! Windows specs: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 running on a personal desktop, 64-bitToday 10/15/2023 I discovered my computer had shut off and automatically...
  3. Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs: Hello! Windows specs: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 running on a personal desktop, 64-bitToday 10/15/2023 I discovered my computer had shut off and automatically...
  4. Since October Updates, ProductInfo.dll Bad Image Errors for All Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Permanently remove the check in the box when opening images in another program. "How do you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently remove the check in the box when opening images in another program. "How do you...: I use the photos app to view and cull my images. When I decide to process one of them, I also decide what software I want to start working with. I recently had to reinstall my operating system and now, every time that I pick a program I also have to uncheck the box that says,...
  6. Permanently remove the check in the box when opening images in another program. "How do you...

Permanently remove the check in the box when opening images in another program. "How do you...: I use the photos app to view and cull my images. When I decide to process one of them, I also decide what software I want to start working with. I recently had to reinstall my operating system and now, every time that I pick a program I also have to uncheck the box that says,...
  7. program displays on half the image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program displays on half the image: When program is started in Windows 10. Program only diplays half the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-displays-on-half-the-image/ec610b24-d2ec-46a0-92c7-6e0de8e73d96
  8. program displays on half the image

program displays on half the image: When program is started in Windows 10. Program only diplays half the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-displays-on-half-the-image/ec610b24-d2ec-46a0-92c7-6e0de8e73d96
  9. program displays on half the image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How do I add text into my images in the paint program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add text into my images in the paint program: Can I add text in my images that are in paint program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-text-into-my-images-in-the-paint/e3381f83-906f-4de6-aa78-659de60fa4ea