Windows 10: Imaging refurbished computers

Discus and support Imaging refurbished computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have several computers that I am looking to refurbish. These all arrived to me with the hard drives wiped so I do not know what OS was on them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chuck Wagon, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Imaging refurbished computers

I have several computers that I am looking to refurbish. These all arrived to me with the hard drives wiped so I do not know what OS was on them previously. These machines originally came with windows 8. On the 2 machines that I have looked at so far, I was able to install Windows 10 on them without any issues and the machines automatically pulled the product key from UEFI and was able to activate without any issue. So it looks like at some point that these 2 machines went through the upgrade process from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I have no idea if that is the case for all of the machines.

I want to be able to validate that each machine has a valid Windows 10 license. And I want to have each machine start the Windows Out-Of-Box Experience for the end user. The only way I can see to validate the Windows 10 license is to ensure that Windows is activated.

My original plan was to sysprep a machine and have it enter audit mode on startup so I can validate the activation status on each machine. But it looks like activation is disabled in audit mode. I can validate activation status by going through the OOBE process, but I was hoping to avoid doing that on each machine and then running another sysprep.

Is there an easier way to do this that I am missing?

:)

Chuck Wagon, Nov 9, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 9, 2020
  3. refurbished computer upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

I purchased a refurbished computer for my daughter from Walmart.com

She is trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it keeps saying "This product key didn't work" but it is the exact product key from the sticker.

Any suggestions?

Tammy21175, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Imaging refurbished computers

Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?

I bought a computer from a shop that claimed it is a microsoft authorized refurbisher.

I can't find any Certificate of Authenticity label in my computer and the staff claimed there are no longer having such kind label in the computer that he sold. Is that normal that there are no Certificate of Authenticity label in a microsoft refurbished
    machine?

Can I check whether or not the machine is microsoft refurbished machine without a Certificate of Authenticity label?

Tonyleung115, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Imaging refurbished computers

1. Imaging refurbished computers - Similar Threads - Imaging refurbished computers

2. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  3. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refurbished computer with intune: I brought a refurbished computer from Dell that has Intune and can't sign in because I don't have a company account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-with-intune/4a73282b-4230-4289-815d-490c57319cd2
  4. refurbished computer with intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Refurbished Dell laptop with large "image" file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Refurbished Dell laptop with large "image" file: I just purchased a refurbished Dell Latitude E5450. In Settings / System / Storage, I see "Other", Manage other large folders, and 5.74 GB being used. Clicking on "Other", there is a path C:\images . Clicking on that, I go into File Explorer, where I see one file. The...
  6. refurbished computer key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    refurbished computer key: I have a refurbished computer and my activation key says its for a refurbished computer. when I try to apply the key, i'm told its not valid. how can I make it work?...
  7. refurbished computer and activating windows

refurbished computer and activating windows: bought from Walmart refurbished. says activation code is already being used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-and-activating-windows/85f60fb4-1ad5-43b2-aeb5-ed2512893ed2
  8. Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?

Microsoft refurbished computers with no Microsoft refurbished key?: I bought a computer from a shop that claimed it is a microsoft authorized refurbisher. I can't find any Certificate of Authenticity label in my computer and the staff claimed there are no longer having such kind label in the computer that he dold. Is that normal that...
  9. Product key on refurbished computer

Product key on refurbished computer: Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10 Home. I tried activating Windows on my refurbished computer using my old Windows Home product key, but to no avail. When I...
  10. Refurbished computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refurbished computer with windows 10: I recently purchased a computer through walmart.com. I came with Windows 10. I had to call your company to get it activated. Now, when I try to download anything it asks for a password before I can open the files. I never made a password and my Microsoft password doesn't...