Windows 10: IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

Discus and support IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JM - Bainbridge, Jan 15, 2021.

1. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address for each account shows up as the display name. Is thee a way to change the display names for the accounts. For example, rather than having my email address show up as the account name, I want my first name to show up.

Thanks!

:)

JM - Bainbridge, Jan 15, 2021
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

hey guys, he will be using gmail as email provider! *Smile IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365 :) what you think ?

alvez, Jan 15, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jan 15, 2021
  4. George R Win User

IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

Recover old IMAP emails & folders from Outlook 365

I have an issue with a local install of Outlook 365 (Windows 10), which was connected to 2x IMAP email accounts.

TL;DR Question: Is there any way of recovering old IMAP files & folders from Outlook 365?

The background:
    The IMAP email provider has gone bust, so no send/receive functions are working. However the folder structure in Outlook has been used by someone to organise other emails that were working.

Since finding & setting up a new email provider, and altering the IMAP connection password so that it now works, all the old organised structures have gone - clearly because the new IMAP provider doesn't have the old structure stored on there. I need to recover these, ideally.

Might a system restore to a point prior to the password change bring back the emails?

George R, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

1. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365 - Similar Threads - IMAP Account Display

2. Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2024 is not allowing me to setup an IMAP account: Pictured above, the setup for an IMAP account within Outlook 2024. The continue button is greyed out and nothing I do will allow me to click this button.The username *** Email address is removed for privacy *** test account with or without domain changes nothing....
  3. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  4. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  5. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  6. Outlook 365 Exchange - how to change existing POP Gmail to IMAP

Outlook 365 Exchange - how to change existing POP Gmail to IMAP: Windows 10 x64, Office 365, Outlook 365 Exchange. Within Outlook I have a few POP3 accounts as well. One of them being a Gmail POP3 account. I have trying to change that IMAP and went on to do the following - go into Gmail using browser - settings > selected ENable IMAP +...
  7. Outlook - display name of receiver

Outlook - display name of receiver: Outlook displays only the last name of the receiver (Sent To), whereas the address book entry within Outlook, of that receiver, is 'compleet', i.e. all name fields are with first name, last name. How come? Or better, how to correct this? Thanks! 160098
  8. Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail: I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google login and password and I got the 2FA prompt on my phone correctly. So far everything works. One machine refuses to do so and...
  9. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder: Hi folks I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the other ones (that's correct) and on mobile phone. However if I delete emails they get moved (correctly) to the trash folder....
  10. Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed

in Browsers and Email
    Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed: Hi folks sometimes you get when using IMAP missing mail on some accounts in the Inbox if you have several accounts in Outlook 2016/365. The mail can be seen in the Inbox on other devices say phones etc. Bug doesn't appear I'm told on GMAIL but can when you use ISP mail...