Windows 10: IMAP folder sync issue

Discus and support IMAP folder sync issue in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've been suffering with what I now believe are IMAP folder sync issues for years When I have to re-add my email accounts (rebuild, migration etc.) it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by robgr, Mar 1, 2021.

1. robgr Win User

IMAP folder sync issue

I've been suffering with what I now believe are IMAP folder sync issues for years
    When I have to re-add my email accounts (rebuild, migration etc.) it manifests by missing folders/emails
    I've established that if I move a folder then it's not likely to sync
    It appears correct in Outlook365 but can't be seen in webmail or IMAP folders
    Executing 'Update folder list' or send/receive doesn't help at all
    If I create the folder in Outlook and copy the emails then it appears to sync correctly
    Is it me or has Outlook always been garbagee with IMAP folders?
    I can copy from a PST file but's it's laborious and I don't know straightway what's missing
    Until, if ever, this is fixed it's a PITA to keep checking IMAP folders is updated correctly
    Any comments would be welcome!

:)

robgr, Mar 1, 2021
  2. ticko Win User

WM6 - Set Imap Folders

Does anyone know if there is a way to setup the client folders in Windows Mobile 6 Outlook for a imap account?

i.e. Gmail imap Sync

• [Gmail]/Inbox
    • [Gmail]/Sent Items
    • etc.

ticko, Mar 1, 2021
  3. foneade Win User
    Belle and imap folders syncing

Hello

I know this is an thorny old subject but I can't get my sent emails to sync using imap with the server when previous to updating to Belle they were.

In the old days of my E71 I spent a lot of time trying to make this work but (along with everybody else) found it to be impossible with the Nokia mail app. After switching to an E6 running Anna my sent mail (using imap) were appearing on my mail server without
    me doing anything (fantastic, they listened and fixed it) but since updating to Belle (much improved generally in my experience) my sent emails are not syncing any more and I can't seem to do anything to make it work (I can see the server folders
    in the folder list).

It seems odd that Nokia would remove functionality so I'm not sure if I've done something different/wrong or if Nokia have taken a backward step here but I seem unable to fix it.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks!

foneade, Mar 1, 2021
  4. IMAP folder sync issue

I can not have the Sent folder Sync on the E7-00 and IMAP server

Hi, I have an E7-00 and I am having problems on the IMAP sync. I have two problems:

1. When I delete a message from the E7 device, I have it message also deleted from the server - and it seem to be a wrong behavior. I wanto to delete it only on the phone and keep a copy on the IMAP server.

2. When I send a message via E7, there is no sync between the Sent folder on the phone and the Sent folder on the IMAP server. It seems that on E7 phone there is another Sent folder (only on the device) that can not be shared/sync to the server (and the
    messages on the phone Sent folder can not be copied to the IMAP server Sent folder either).

Any suggestion? Thank you

Newton

NewtonFernandez, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

IMAP folder sync issue

1. IMAP folder sync issue - Similar Threads - IMAP folder sync

2. imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    imap: 2 days ago I had to clear coockies. After I can not log in to my gmail account via windows live mail. I still can vie chrome. Ot shows in wlmYour IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on...
  3. imap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    imap: 2 days ago I had to clear coockies. After I can not log in to my gmail account via windows live mail. I still can vie chrome. Ot shows in wlmYour IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on...
  4. Sync Issue Saved Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Issue Saved Pictures folder: I have had this issue for the last week or so. OneDrive keeps coming up with a sync issue with the Saved Pictures folder. I have tried unselecting it. Renaming it on the PC and online. Deleting it on the PC and online. It keeps returning on both. Tried searching but...
  5. Synced Folder

Synced Folder: How can i recover Synced Folder. I am Receiving the following Note: "Sinced Folder is Missing" Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synced-folder/cfb5c99a-820f-43fb-a3e2-8835df7c4b79
  6. How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?: [ATTACH] Hi there, I've used Windows Mail a long time now, and I love it. It's simple, useful and the UI is ultra clean. For the issue I'll describe, I use IMAP email with my gandi account. Recently while using my inboxes on another device, I noticed a weird behavior: I...
  7. Cannot Delete IMAP Folder

Cannot Delete IMAP Folder: I've tried repeatedly to delete an IMAP folder and failed - the folder keeps reappearing. I,ve also tried to unsubscribe to the folder - outlook comes back with the an error message "Folder does not exist" (see attached screenshot) How do I permanently delete the...
  8. Outlook will not sync all emails from IMAP folders

Outlook will not sync all emails from IMAP folders: Hello, I have a new Windows 10 installation with a new installation of Office 2019. I have 3 email accounts which2 of them seem to work fine and import all old messages. The Gmail account does not download all the old messages. It goes through the process of syncing and all...
  9. IMAP Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Password: How can I find my imap password or reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imap-password/33f74dc8-77bb-4406-a342-7a9df4a7a07d
  10. folder sync

folder sync: Hi, i want to sync folders between 3 computers - windows 10, 7 embedded and XP. what is the best way to do it? 75725