Windows 10: IMAPI2 not working on Windows10 as it did on Windows7

Discus and support IMAPI2 not working on Windows10 as it did on Windows7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Our company developed an application that is used within the government sector that ultimate would burn video footage to optical disc ( DVD+R for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveCamp2, Mar 27, 2019.

1. DaveCamp2 Win User

IMAPI2 not working on Windows10 as it did on Windows7

Hi,

Our company developed an application that is used within the government sector that ultimate would burn video footage to optical disc ( DVD+R for eg ).

The initial application is developed to target Windows7 x64. We used the IDiscFormat2Data->get_CurrentPhysicalMediaType method to get the status of a drive becoming ready and to also give us the physical media type in an optical drive. We use the return value to determine the state of the drive becoming ready. This is quite an important part of our application and is a selling point for our solution. We would check for a range of 'concrete error values' and eject the media disc if necessary based on the return value. If a return value of S_OK is returned we then look at the disc media type to check if it is a valid media type for our purpose. If it is not then we eject the media.

Under Windows7 Pro x64 this worked perfectly fine as the method would not block and returned a result immediately.
    Under Windows10 Pro x64 ( V1803, build 17134.165 ) the IMAPI2 IDiscFormat2Data methods now block for up to 20 seconds while the system checks the optical disc(s). This prevents us from giving the required user feedback that the disc is being checked for validation of its media type.

Do you know if this is expected behaviour, or if breaking changes have been introduced? And do you know of a potential solution to getting the E_IMAPI_RECORDER_MEDIA_BECOMING_READY value returned via the IDiscFormat2Data interface methods?

To re-iterate the issue: Our solution used the return values of the non-blocking IDiscFormat2Data interface methods on Window7 to give a user feedback that is a disc is becoming ready. On Window10 these methods now block until a known result comes from the method. This has removed a feature and selling point from our solution and we are looking for a resolution.

Thanks!

:)

DaveCamp2, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Arby Win User

how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

Thanks for the info and the welcome!

Would like to pursue the jump list a bit -- what I did in Windows7 was pin my frequently-used applications to the task bar, for example, Word, PowerPoint, and the Explorer. Then, all I had to do to pick up where I left off yesterday was to mouse over the app in the toolbar, right click, and select the appropriate recent file. That is what I would like to work in Windows10.

Looks like the link you provided requires me to open up programs, scroll down and select the application, THEN choose recent. Yes, I know, it is only a difference of a few mouse clicks and a bit of scrolling -- but I really like the single mouse click required in windows7, and I would like to see the old high number of recent files.

Again, thanks for any tips.

3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Mar 27, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Windows7 is my OS, what's yours?

I had Windows10 on my Zotac Mini-PC but the WiFi Driver was acting up so I had to reinstall Windows7 and everything works fine now

rk3066, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. IMAPI2 not working on Windows10 as it did on Windows7 - Similar Threads - IMAPI2 working Windows10

2. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  3. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  4. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10: Have very basic knowledge, though made this PC in 2010. Having failed twice to upgrade to Win10 through Media Creation Tool 21H, wherein I choose to upgrade the existing Win7 OS.and got failure message "......the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"Hence...
  6. Windows7 spider solitaire on Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 spider solitaire on Windows10: I recently installed the Windows7 Spider Solitaire on my new laptop that has Windows10. It appears it installed correctly and I have played over 40 games. Problem is it is impossible to win any games at all. Very puzzling as I have played this game for years. Any advice?...
  7. how to convert windows7 word files to windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to convert windows7 word files to windows10: how to convert windows7 word files to windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-windows7-word-files-to-windows10/6e8e8e78-c79e-4e7e-835a-17a7ae0d0ae5
  8. Windows7 OS, not recommended to upgrade to Windows10?

Windows7 OS, not recommended to upgrade to Windows10?: I have a Windows 7 pro 32bit computer and planning to upgrade it to Windows10. When I asked the Virtual Agent, it replied that >If your PC is running Windows 7, Microsoft strongly recommends that you >move to a new device running Windows 10 sometime before the end of...
  9. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10: Good day! I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200 users which is already had a windows 7 and needs to upgrade into windows 10. This users had a back up files . The steps i...
  10. how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    how to do windows7 tasks in windows10: Good morning, Is there a table that tells me (translates for me) how to do in Windows 10 what I used to be able to do in Windows 7? For example, how do I make my Windows 10 jump lists have as many entries for 'recent' or for 'frequent' as I used to have for Windows 7?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. imapi2 windows10

2. imapi2 windows 10