Windows 10: IME Japanese input

Discus and support IME Japanese input in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mloballer, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mloballer Win User

IME Japanese input

So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches to Japanese mode, of course, they want to start typing in Japanese, not English, so to switch to hirigana I have to hit CTL + CAPS LOCK, which is annoying to have to do two keyboard shortcuts, why can't I have it default in hirigana mode when I hit alt + shift, instead of alphanumeric?? Is there a way to make hirigana the default option when switching to Japanese IME? Let me know thanks.

:)

mloballer, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Mopaxian Win User

Can't switch input methods for Japanese Microsoft IME

Not to be obtuse, but do you know Windows 10? This person is talking about the Windows 10 IME for Japanese, the one that gets installed when you add Japanese as input language. I have the same problem: alt-shift toggles between languages just fine, but by
    default the Japanese IME lets you type in latin characters ("romaji") and while we SHOULD be able to switch that input mode to hiragana, katakana, or even direct input, those options do not work. Even using the mouse to click the "A" and then selecting "hiragana"
    (written in Japanese for whatever reason all of a sudden, it used to be in English unless you were running in full Japanese locale mode) does _nothing_

So: how do we fix that? What do we do in order to get the Microsoft Japanese IME to change input modes (not input languages) when Japanese is active?

Mopaxian, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Fxxlei Win User
    Japanese IME with German QWERTZ-Layout

Thanks for the reply,

I did add the input language japanese(日本語), as well as german(Deutsch (Deutschland)), english and french.

In the options screen for japanese, I only have the option to:

• download handwriting
    • further settings for speech recognition
    • change layout of hardware keyboard (only japanese and english keyboard available)
    • remove/add new keyboard (Microsoft-IME or third party IME)
    • configure Microsoft-IME
    Thus I assume the language package has already been intalled.

In Region & language in the language list, there is also written that the language pack is installed for japanese.

I am looking forward to your help.

Fxxlei, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

IME Japanese input

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

IME Japanese input

1. IME Japanese input - Similar Threads - IME Japanese input

2. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  3. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  4. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.: I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the...
  5. Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have not been here in like almost 5 years now. I have the IME setup such that I can switch from English to Japanese with a keyboard shortcut, but there is one major annoyance: alphanumeric input is always on until I switch it with...
  6. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  7. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem: [ATTACH] I installed Microsoft Japanese IME Input in my work laptop, but I wasn't able to change to hiragana/katakana (by right-clicking or pressing Alt + ~) and an error message will pop out as per following:-...
  8. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Third party Japanese IME

2. windows10 japanese input shift alt

3. windows10 ime issue japanese

4. 1803 japanese ime,
  5. ime japanese switches to alphanumeric