Windows 10: IME Japanese language input doesn't work after Windows 10 automatic update

Discus and support IME Japanese language input doesn't work after Windows 10 automatic update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! After the last automatic update at the end of January 2019 IME doesn't work any more. I can't switch to Kana input. I've reinstalled the Japanese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sigi_511, Feb 12, 2019.

1. sigi_511 Win User

IME Japanese language input doesn't work after Windows 10 automatic update

Hi!

After the last automatic update at the end of January 2019 IME doesn't work any more. I can't switch to Kana input. I've reinstalled the Japanese Language pack, but it didn't solve the problem. What can I do to solve this?

:)

sigi_511, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Mopaxian Win User

Can't switch input methods for Japanese Microsoft IME

Not to be obtuse, but do you know Windows 10? This person is talking about the Windows 10 IME for Japanese, the one that gets installed when you add Japanese as input language. I have the same problem: alt-shift toggles between languages just fine, but by
    default the Japanese IME lets you type in latin characters ("romaji") and while we SHOULD be able to switch that input mode to hiragana, katakana, or even direct input, those options do not work. Even using the mouse to click the "A" and then selecting "hiragana"
    (written in Japanese for whatever reason all of a sudden, it used to be in English unless you were running in full Japanese locale mode) does _nothing_

So: how do we fix that? What do we do in order to get the Microsoft Japanese IME to change input modes (not input languages) when Japanese is active?

Mopaxian, Feb 12, 2019
  3. atreyie Win User
    Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

Hi Divya,

while trying the method as you suggested, I could choose English as the display language,

but then when I am trying to add the input method, it does not show Microsoft IME as an option in the list.

at best I can only see/choose Japanese keyboard, but then the layout is different.

I am using a Toshiba dynabook KIRA, and my base OS is Japanese windows 8.1 which I upgraded to win 10.

atreyie, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Eddy00 Win User

Want English language system with Japanese IME keyboard

In previous versions of Windows (English), the display language was English and I could have the default input language in Japanese (IME). It seems in Windows 10 that if I want Japanese IME to be the default input language I have to have the display language
    also in Japanese.

I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't have done such a ridiculous change such as that because it would have been stupid, right?

Please let me know how I can make Japanese (IME) the default input language with the correct keyboard but keep English as the system display language.

Thanks!

Eddy00, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. IME Japanese language input doesn't work after Windows 10 automatic update - Similar Threads - IME Japanese language

2. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  3. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  4. Unable to change the Input language on the Japanese Microsoft IME settings on Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change the Input language on the Japanese Microsoft IME settings on Windows 10...: The taskbar remains in English input display and Japanese input mode is NOT getting enabled.Getting below error message while trying to download 'Basic typing' Sorry we’re having trouble getting this optional feature installed error, You can try later. Error code: 0X0...
  5. Unable to change the Input language on the Japanese Microsoft IME settings on Windows 10...

Unable to change the Input language on the Japanese Microsoft IME settings on Windows 10...: The taskbar remains in English input display and Japanese input mode is NOT getting enabled.Getting below error message while trying to download 'Basic typing' Sorry we’re having trouble getting this optional feature installed error, You can try later. Error code: 0X0...
  6. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  7. Japanese IME not working?

Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  8. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem: [ATTACH] I installed Microsoft Japanese IME Input in my work laptop, but I wasn't able to change to hiragana/katakana (by right-clicking or pressing Alt + ~) and an error message will pop out as per following:-...
  9. Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Japanese IME Not Working: Windows Current Version: Windows 10, 1909 18363.592 The Japanese IME used to work and now it doesn't. It had stopped working a few OS versions back. I have tried reinstalling by removing the Japanese language pack and installing back again. When I select (winkey+space), I...
  10. IME Japanese input

in Windows 10 Customization
    IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ime wont switch to hiragana

2. japanese ime doesnt work windows 10

3. IME japanese defalt hiragana

4. in japanese language hiragana not selecting,
  5. japanese ime cant switch to hiragana,
  6. windows 10 japanese input,
  7. japanese ime doesnt work,
  8. japanese language ime not working windows 10,
  9. cannot enter Japanese IME,
  10. ime hiragana input,
  11. ime win10 no kana,