Windows 10: IME Keyboard Right Clicking brings up Ugly Grey tab, how to make it match the taskbar color?

Discus and support IME Keyboard Right Clicking brings up Ugly Grey tab, how to make it match the taskbar color? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to have my computer wiped to fix a Window's update error, and now I see this ugly, grey, early-2000s-Windows tab whenever I right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Toyu Frey, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Toyu Frey Win User

IME Keyboard Right Clicking brings up Ugly Grey tab, how to make it match the taskbar color?

I recently had to have my computer wiped to fix a Window's update error, and now I see this ugly, grey, early-2000s-Windows tab whenever I right click the IME options on my taskbar. Before the computer wipe, the tab was black like my taskbar is, and only showed Hiragana, Full-width Katakana, Half-width katakana, Direct Input and one other thing at the bottom which I can't remember. How do I get my old IME options tab back?

Below is a screenshot of the ugly grey tab.

IME Keyboard Right Clicking brings up Ugly Grey tab, how to make it match the taskbar color? 6a0c260d-baab-42ad-8d9e-c40b85f037f6?upload=true.png

:)

Toyu Frey, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Jaune Bel Win User
    How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Jul 19, 2020
  4. WhyMe Win User

IME Keyboard Right Clicking brings up Ugly Grey tab, how to make it match the taskbar color?

how to bring window up to full screen

@2harts4ever

A suggestion if you really want full-screen function

• Right click on the Edge icon on your taskbar
    • Click on the option to 'unpin from taskbar'
    • Go to Start menu►Windows accessories►Internet Explorer and right click 'pin to taskbar'
    • Go to Settings►System►Default Apps►Web Browser
    • Change the default browser from Edge to Internet Explorer

WhyMe, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. IME Keyboard Right Clicking brings up Ugly Grey tab, how to make it match the taskbar color? - Similar Threads - IME Keyboard Right

2. Right Click always brings up search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click always brings up search bar?: Every time I right click with my touchpad it brings up the search bar. This is incredibly annoying for when I playing games and every time I click it brings up the search. I can't seem to find any way in the settings to stop this. Please help....
  3. Right Click always brings up search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click always brings up search bar?: Every time I right click with my touchpad it brings up the search bar. This is incredibly annoying for when I playing games and every time I click it brings up the search. I can't seem to find any way in the settings to stop this. Please help....
  4. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  5. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  6. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Right click is not bringing up Configurations for Personal display

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click is not bringing up Configurations for Personal display: It's all in the subject, I think. Recently upgraded MIcrosoft 10. 164470
  8. Taskbar Color changed to grey

Taskbar Color changed to grey: Taskbar color suddenly changed to grey, without any intervention from me. How do I get back to windows default colours? Show accent color on Start Tasbar Action Center is greyed out. Win Ver 1903 162439
  9. Taskbar Color changed to grey

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Color changed to grey: Taskbar color suddenly changed to grey, without any intervention from me. How do I get back to windows default colours? Show accent color on Start Tasbar Action Center is greyed out. Win Ver 1903 162439
  10. Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight

Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight: When I used to right click on the taskbar the color of the menu was a dark grey, now the menu is white and changes colors of blue as you move the mouse. Can I get the dark grey menu color back?...