Windows 10: IME toolbar floating undesirably

Discus and support IME toolbar floating undesirably in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Background: I have a Japan-based laptop with Windows 10 Home, 21H1 19043.1237, in which I changed the Windows language to English but still type in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OsakaWebbie, Oct 3, 2021.

1. IME toolbar floating undesirably

Background: I have a Japan-based laptop with Windows 10 Home, 21H1 19043.1237, in which I changed the Windows language to English but still type in Japanese frequently. I use the laptop's display plus an ultra-wide monitor on a shelf above it, forming a roughly T-shaped work area.Historically, I used to keep my IME toolbar on my system tray, and was happy with it there. The language/input method stayed how I set it Japanese, and I could get to the IME Pad or other items in the toolbar with one click. But at some point a couple years ago the full set of icons disappeared, only showing two i

:)

OsakaWebbie, Oct 3, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 3, 2021
  3. No Jo Win User
    Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...10-v1803/199e8c1d-277f-4595-a14c-346ad5e7bad1

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Oct 3, 2021
  4. IME toolbar floating undesirably

IME floating icon for Traditional Quick Chinese input

Dear Microsoft,

As I had researched on internet and the community which no one could solve this problem. First, the IME icon is a little floating icon showing "中" or "英" as a reminder to user which mode one is using in the chinese input method. However they have a problem
    that once I switch to another window while the floating icon is appearing and the switch is done before is disappear, it will keep lasting on the screen. which is definitely a bug. Another question is why for other Chinese input method e.g. pinyin can reserve
    option to turn the IME icon off however that isn't appearing on quick or cangjie input? please add the option to turn it off asap.

HaysenWong1, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

IME toolbar floating undesirably

1. IME toolbar floating undesirably - Similar Threads - IME toolbar floating

2. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  3. floating bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    floating bar: I have this weard floating bar at my screen and i dont know how to get rid of it. Can some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-bar/22b8c44b-0d3c-4514-a3b0-d4a228313421
  4. floating bar

floating bar: I have this weard floating bar at my screen and i dont know how to get rid of it. Can some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-bar/22b8c44b-0d3c-4514-a3b0-d4a228313421
  5. Floating IME bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating IME bar: Hello! The question is simple. Is there a way to make a floating IME barto be docked in the Windows taskbar?Is there a way for it to be something like this:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-ime-bar/bed3b9e8-dce6-4f42-acda-59fade47fc44
  6. Floating IME bar

Floating IME bar: Hello! The question is simple. Is there a way to make a floating IME barto be docked in the Windows taskbar?Is there a way for it to be something like this:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-ime-bar/bed3b9e8-dce6-4f42-acda-59fade47fc44
  7. taskbar floating

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar floating: Why my taskbar looks like floating? Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-floating/f1d00215-3150-4741-8ba9-b3a66b5d3fb3
  8. Where to find this undesired wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find this undesired wallpaper?: Accidentally I set a screenshot as wallpaper, probably using one of IrfanViews keyboard shortcuts. Now, when I open the settings to change my desktop background, that undesired image is there among those of the system's themes and stuff. ▼ [img] I searched for it in all...
  9. UNDESIRED FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNDESIRED FOLDERS: In DOCUMENTS two undesired folders keep appearing right after being definitely removed; their names always begin with AO eg: AOvalue 180 , AOstore17 and ___l eg: ___lwrap91 ___ldefinitions41 and include different files word, excel, acces, txt, pem with ever varying fancy...
  10. IME floating icon for Traditional Quick Chinese input

in Windows 10 Customization
    IME floating icon for Traditional Quick Chinese input: Dear Microsoft, As I had researched on internet and the community which no one could solve this problem. First, the IME icon is a little floating icon showing "中" or "英" as a reminder to user which mode one is using in the chinese input method. However they have a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 chinese ime floating