Windows 10: Immediate BSOD upon plugging in USB device after 2004 update

Discus and support Immediate BSOD upon plugging in USB device after 2004 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a USB device that will immediately cause a BSOD when plugged in. This only started happening after updating to Windows 10 version 2004. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by williamsaylor1, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Immediate BSOD upon plugging in USB device after 2004 update

Hi,

I have a USB device that will immediately cause a BSOD when plugged in. This only started happening after updating to Windows 10 version 2004. I have the MEMORY.DMP if there is a legitimate chance of this being investigated.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8075aed1358, 0xfffff90132178538, 0xfffff90132177d70. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 3adbdc3c-670a-4974-b019-e219dd9da02a.

:)

williamsaylor1, Jul 30, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

Hi Wendelly,

As you say it is from your USB ports, but I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Does a BSOD occur with every (should working) device you're trying to connect via USB?
    2. Does a BSOD occur when a device is connected on different USB ports?

3. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Dice Vil Win User

Immediate BSOD upon plugging in USB device after 2004 update

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Immediate BSOD upon plugging in USB device after 2004 update

1. Immediate BSOD upon plugging in USB device after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Immediate BSOD upon

2. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  3. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  4. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatically open application upon device plug-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically open application upon device plug-in?: There has been a topic troubling me for a while that I really want to find an answer to.Companies like Razer, SteelSeries and other vendors are able to manufacture devices like keyboards and mice which will automatically run an application when plugged into a PC - this is...
  6. Automatically open application upon device plug-in?

Automatically open application upon device plug-in?: There has been a topic troubling me for a while that I really want to find an answer to.Companies like Razer, SteelSeries and other vendors are able to manufacture devices like keyboards and mice which will automatically run an application when plugged into a PC - this is...
  7. BSOD after Plugging in USB device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Plugging in USB device: So it happened just yesterday, but some symptoms did appeared before. Windows 10 home intel core i7-7700HQ @2.80GHz 64bit 1. 3 days ago, my computer started to lag eventhough my ram is 24 gb 2. last night, when I tried to plug my usb32 gb flash drive for documents and...
  8. Remote Desktop App crashes immediately upon startup after May 2020 version 2004 update

Remote Desktop App crashes immediately upon startup after May 2020 version 2004 update: I came into the office this morning and my desktop had updated to the May 2020 version 2004 update. Attempting to run the Remote Desktop App downloaded from the Microsoft Store results in an immediate crash. The window for the app appears briefly and then closes. First thing...
  9. BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device: Windows 10 has been stable for me, but recently saw BSOD with driver_corrupted_expool error. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Attachment 45676 28351
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...