Windows 10: Immediate closing of threads

Discus and support Immediate closing of threads in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How come when so many of us are having problems with the updates causing major problems with our pc's, and we come and try to resolve it, we get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EngleburgHumperdink, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Immediate closing of threads

How come when so many of us are having problems with the updates causing major problems with our pc's, and we come and try to resolve it, we get the stock answer of how to stay updated, then the thread closes. Maybe someone out there has a solution to the problem, and you are preventing us from solving the problem. Leave an open thread so we can work on solving the update problem.

I just wound up with build 1809, Frankly, it's worse than Windows ME. remember that? Yea, it's that bad. This needs to be fixed, giving us 35 days isn't going to do it. We need the choice to upgrade a build or not. I don't play video games, so I don't need Game Bar. So, how about a build that works for different users. Shouldn't be but a few different models, just like cars. It's the same, you don't get told what ca you will have, and the color, or features. That's what communists did. And Microsoft. WHY?

:)

EngleburgHumperdink, Apr 7, 2019
  2. gra007 Win User

windows edge opens then closes immediately

Edge works fine in my account with administrative privilege but on my account without the administrative privilege it closes immediately even after applying the fix listed in the answer. My computer is brand new.

gra007, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Immediate closing of threads

Windows 10 Mail closes immediately

Hi,

One possible reason why your Mail app closes unexpectedly is due to a corrupted system file. To provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What version of Windows are you using? To check, type winver on
      Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • Are there any cumulative updates available?
    • Is this issue happening on other apps?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Immediate closing of threads

1. Immediate closing of threads - Similar Threads - Immediate closing threads

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  4. Command Prompt closing immediately.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt closing immediately.: When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just flashes and nothing else happens, I need help....
  5. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  6. Powershell Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Closing Immediately: I've looked all of the the internet and I cannot find any information that applies to this situation. Powershell closes immediately upon starting. When I run it in Command Prompt I get the following: Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Unable to...
  7. Apps closing immediately

Apps closing immediately: I'm having an issue where some apps are opening, then closing down immediately. The mouse changes to the "thinking" mode, the app never appears, then seems to close down. So the screen of the program never really shows up. This happens under both Admin and User accounts....
  8. PowerShell closes immediately

PowerShell closes immediately: I am simply trying to open PowerShell and the application closes instantly. This happens when I try opening it as an Admin. I tried input command 'powershell /' on command prompt in admin mode. it gives me an error: The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during...
  9. Settings app closes immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app closes immediately: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 1809, and since today the app settings can no longer start! Indeed, it starts and then closes immediately. I did run "sfc /scannow", it found several corrupted files, but didn't solved my problem. Thanks, Matthéo, aka WiseMatthack....
  10. thread can be closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thread can be closed: thread can be closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/thread-can-be-closed/d52b9a95-6945-492b-bbbd-c0f019379800