Windows 10: Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid

Discus and support Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I close the lid of my laptop, then re-open later on it gives a nice picture screen with lots of little messages and a large time/date on the left.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carrotmuseum, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid

When I close the lid of my laptop, then re-open later on it gives a nice picture screen with lots of little messages and a large time/date on the left.

What I want to happen is to go back either to my desktop, or where I left off when I closed.

Win 10 home. Only options for when I close the lid are: Sleep - Hibernate - Do nothing

I have chosen do nothing, but after the designated time of no activity it goes to sleep, then I get the picture.

To return to desktop I have to press space bar, which gives log on screen,and then space bar once again to log in. then desktop returns.

Options for power saving after a designated time - Sleep - Hibernate

:)

carrotmuseum, Nov 28, 2019

2. trying to profile my monitor with the idisplay pro is not working, returns Win10 opening desktop

I have been trying to profile my monitor with the idisplay pro I can go thru all the steps but when it actually starts profiling by showing the red full screen, the windows 10 screen returns and screws up the profile any suggestions on how to disable
    this startup? Thanks

OP - Win10 opening desktop returns

Tsuther102, Nov 28, 2019
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid

Screen stays black after opening lid

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Hi, Thank You forgetting back to me so quickly.

To answer your questions:

1. I am NOT able to get from the black screen after I have opened the lid.

2. I'm assuming that when the lid is closed this automatically puts the computer to sleep. I can hear noise in the background, but can not get the black screen to go away without shutting down and rebooting.

3. I did see an error code when this happened, but was unable to read it because I was logging off.

When I restarted the computer, my desktop would not function. IE when I tried clicking on my task bar, nothing would happen. I powered off the computer, turned it on and it came up.

But again, after I leave the computer (with lid down) for more than 15 minutes, the same problem is happening.

I read through some previous suggestions on here, someone suggested to disable sleep/hibernate mode. I did so, and now things seem to be working OK. My concern is, #1 the problem isn't truly fixed, and #2 Will keeping the computer from going into sleep
    or hibernate mode cause issues?

LindaSardou, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid

1. Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid - Similar Threads - Immediate return desktop

2. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  3. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  4. App on desktop immediately closes upon opening

App on desktop immediately closes upon opening: When I try to open up an app on my Windows 10 desktop, the app immediately closes itself. I have tried researching the issue myself but was unsuccessful. For example, when I click to open Minecraft, it shows the Mojang logo then closes. I cannot go to the Microsoft app store...
  5. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  6. Email Closes Immediately Upon Opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Closes Immediately Upon Opening in Windows 10: Your suggestions of May 17th are worthless. Instead of offering up absurd recommendations you're obviously reading out of a "How To" manual, it might be more helpful if you actually spend more than 5 minutes on crafting a quick 'n dirty response that helps NO ONE!...
  7. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening: This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by...
  8. Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.: Now as the name suggests, when I open my laptop lid after closing it, my screen is black. I've seen multiple solutions, most of which incorporate the use of ACPI Lid Power Management. When I attempt to change my ACPI Lid settings, I see no available tabs for power management,...
  9. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening: Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading...
  10. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...