Windows 10: Immersive search with a black border around it

Discus and support Immersive search with a black border around it in Cortana to solve the problem; I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809. I'm able... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EphraimFung, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Immersive search with a black border around it

I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809.

I'm able to make it function normally in a previous version of windows 10.

Immersive search with a black border around it 62248a03-70d9-4693-ae11-7500817a0cb1?upload=true.jpg

:)

EphraimFung, Dec 19, 2018

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 19, 2018
  3. black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Immersive search with a black border around it

HOW TO REMOVE LARGE BLACK BORDER FROM DISPLAY?

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern with the large black border and missing Control Panel from its usual spot. For better assistance, please clarify the following information:

• How are you accessing Control Panel now?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the large black border that you are currently seeing?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Immersive search with a black border around it

1. Immersive search with a black border around it - Similar Threads - Immersive search black

2. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  3. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  4. Get Rid of Black Border Around Best Match Search in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get Rid of Black Border Around Best Match Search in Windows 10...: [ATTACH] I need some help, I`ve just reinstalled Windows 10, fully update it... fresh installation I didn`t install any other third party app/software, and I noticed a black border around "best match" when I try to use the windows search on the taskbar, I`m 100% sure there...
  5. Display issues, black border around desktop background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display issues, black border around desktop background: Hi I have just installed an LG 27" screen using a hdmi lead from my PC and I now have a black border around my desktop. I have checked the resolution and it is at max level. I previously had the screen connected using the older com lead and it was fine, it filled the screen....
  6. Border around Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  7. BROKEN IMMERSIVE SEARCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BROKEN IMMERSIVE SEARCH: [ATTACH] Followed several tutorials including one on tenforums to enable immersive search. Frustratingly I can never get the immersive search box to match the windows light theme. I've reinstalled windows multiple times, and tried multiple registry edits, but it never...
  8. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  9. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  10. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...