Windows 10: Imminent hard drive failure, need help

Discus and support Imminent hard drive failure, need help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Today, I got the imminent hard drive S.M.A.R.T. failure warning. My pc is a rebranded HP Touch Smart All-in-one 23" i-7 so no help from HP. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IbrahimThompson, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Imminent hard drive failure, need help

Hi,

Today, I got the imminent hard drive S.M.A.R.T. failure warning. My pc is a rebranded HP Touch Smart All-in-one 23" i-7 so no help from HP. I have used Seatools and it failed. All of my data is backed up. Should I try to ID the drive before I attempt to open the pc? I would like to upgrade, if possible to SSD. It has a Pegatron motherboard and I also need to find a way to upgrade the memory as it at 4gb.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Brian

:)

IbrahimThompson, Feb 3, 2020

2. Projected Hard drive failure issue

I have an HP laptop that boots up to error "Smart hard drive check has detected imminent failure". I have no issue with replacing the hard drive but have no idea how to get Windows 10 reinstalled/recovered. Currently files/photos/ect. are backed up. Any
    suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Skillet 56, Feb 3, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Hard drive failure

Hi SK123

Your drive has failed the DST (Disk Self Test) that is an indication of imminent hard drive failure . . .

There is no point in delaying the inevitable, you should backup your data now before it is too late, then purchase a new hard drive and install everything on that drive . ..

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Imminent hard drive failure, need help

Hard disk failure is imminent.

When starting my computer I sometimes get a message that Hard Disk Failure Imminent. Please back up your hard disk and have it replaced. Press F10 for Setup. F2 to continue. The first time I got this screen it clicked on F2 and Windows opened and all
    seemed fine. Now I have the same black screen with same message but when clicking on F2, the computer does nothing. I have not back up my hard disk. What can I do to save this situation or am I just out of luck?

MarilynMorey1, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Imminent hard drive failure, need help

1. Imminent hard drive failure, need help - Similar Threads - Imminent hard drive

2. hard disk failure is imminent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk failure is imminent: I know there is another post about this but mine is a bit different I had the hard disk error and I took a bit too long to understand what was happening but I finally did and changed the hard drive but I forgot to backup my data so I reinstalled windows and when I do it says...
  3. hard disk failure is imminent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard disk failure is imminent: I know there is another post about this but mine is a bit different I had the hard disk error and I took a bit too long to understand what was happening but I finally did and changed the hard drive but I forgot to backup my data so I reinstalled windows and when I do it says...
  4. Imminent hard drive failure on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imminent hard drive failure on boot up: I have been getting a "imminent hard drive failure for the better part of a year every time my PC boots up. I ran Chkdisk and found no errors but I went and got an SSD and did a clean install of Windows10 on it. I have a 2 TB external hard drive that has been running back...
  5. Imminent hard drive failure on boot up

Imminent hard drive failure on boot up: I have been getting a "imminent hard drive failure for the better part of a year every time my PC boots up. I ran Chkdisk and found no errors but I went and got an SSD and did a clean install of Windows10 on it. I have a 2 TB external hard drive that has been running back...
  6. Imminent hard drive failure on boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hard Disk Failure Imminent

Hard Disk Failure Imminent: The last two times I've booted my laptop it has stopped loading and displayed a message along the lines of "Hard disk failure imminent to avoid not data loss yes it words it like that please back up your drive and preform disk repair from system diagnostic window - press...
  8. Hard Drive imminent failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive imminent failure: So I got the hard drive imminent failure warning, it listed my hard drive but did not show my NVME. So anyways, thinking it was my hard drive failing, I decided to upgrade it to an ssd. I cloned the drive to my new ssd and restarted my computer. I am still getting the warning...
  9. Hard drive failure imminent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure imminent: My HP laptop bought 2016 gave me a hard drive failure imminent alert. I bought a new hard drive and handed it over to a repair tech. He had stated that the partitions have been damaged and wants to know my Windows 10 smart key before he begins to install the new hard...
  10. Hard disk failure is imminent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk failure is imminent.: When starting my computer I sometimes get a message that Hard Disk Failure Imminent. Please back up your hard disk and have it replaced. Press F10 for Setup. F2 to continue. The first time I got this screen it clicked on F2 and Windows opened and all seemed fine. Now I...