Windows 10: immovable black bar on screen

Discus and support immovable black bar on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an immovable black bar in the upper left side of my screen whenever i am watching a video. it has a play/pause button and the title of what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanHigbee, Jan 24, 2021.

1. DanHigbee Win User

immovable black bar on screen

I have an immovable black bar in the upper left side of my screen whenever i am watching a video. it has a play/pause button and the title of what I am watching and a volume indicator. I can't get rid of it or even drag it somewhere more out of the way. I can get it to leave by restarting but it comes back shortly. Anybody else have this problem on their pc?

:)

DanHigbee, Jan 24, 2021

2. Games cause black bars on screen

Hi Ethan,

For us to better assist you with your black bar issue on screen, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on the computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. immovable black bar on screen - Similar Threads - immovable black bar

2. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  3. Screen is black but task bar shows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen is black but task bar shows: A friend gave me a computer he wasn't using anymore but I can't get it to workThe computer turns on but the screen is black, only showing the taskbar. I can open apps from the taskbar but can't make them show up on my screen.When I boot it into safe mode however everything...
  4. Black Bars on Screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Bars on Screen Windows 11: Hi, it's been a while, and I've been surfing all over the internet and tried a few methods but none of them worked. So, I have this black bar/line on top of my screen since I updated my windows 10 to 11, but if I take a screenshot, it won't be there. It's not just for some...
  5. Unknown black bar on screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown black bar on screen: This small black bar appears on my screen. If I click the minimize all button it goes away but it comes back. How do I get rid of it please? 21H1|19043.1052 182294
  6. Immovable indent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Immovable indent: When I select an entire particular paragraph the result is a small rectangular box in front of just one of the sentences that contains a 1 character indent that cannot be removed. If I deselect paragraph the box goes away but the indent remains and the indent cannot be...
  7. Black bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at top of screen: In the first image I have rotated the screen by 180 degrees where as in the second image it's the default way I guess so that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software issue please someone help me it's about 3 millimetre at the top it's complete black and when I...
  8. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar: I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12, when I turned my computer on it took an unusually long time to boot, but I finally reached the lock screen to input my password....
  9. Black bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar at the top of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg0ef6/black_bar_at_the_top_of_screen/
  10. Strange immovable icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange immovable icon on desktop: Suddenly a strange icon has appeared on the upper left of the desktop of my Surface. It's immovable, floats over all windows, and interferes with pretty well darn near everything I want to do (produce documents & deal with other paperwork about 98% of the time). There is no...