Windows 10: Impact of changing my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver...

Discus and support Impact of changing my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently received a BSOD indicating that iastor.sys was the culprit. What impact would there be on changing to the default windows driver, replacing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikehd, Aug 2, 2021.

1. mikehd Win User

Impact of changing my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver...

I recently received a BSOD indicating that iastor.sys was the culprit. What impact would there be on changing to the default windows driver, replacing iastor.sys, on my Storage Spaces? I don't use the RAID function of iastor. System is configured as AHCI. The motherboard is an Asrock Z87M Pro, running a i7-4790 with 2x8GB DDR3 @3200. I'm concerned that the driver change my corrupt or delete the Storage Space. I currently have a single pool of 4 drives configured as parity. thanks for your input. Windows 10 Version 21H1 (build 19043.1110)

:)

mikehd, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

ide ata/atapi controllers

Hi ibme,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can get difficult if the system are not working as expected.
    However, we can go ahead and try few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

Method 1: Check hidden devices in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key +x
    2. Click Device Manager
    3. Go to Views tab and click on Show hidden devices from the drop-down menu.
    4. Then search for hidden drivers if any IDE ATA /ATAPI DRIVER
      are listed.
    5. Uninstall all the hidden drivers and reboot the PC, and check if that helps.

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    , and check if that helps.

If you need any additional assistance, please write back with the
    model number for dell computer?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers

Hello,

I accidentally uninstalled IDE ata/atapi controllers because CD/DVD drive didn't shown up in This PC not in the BIOS. Then I found an unplugged wire in CPU, that was the problem. I connected it. Now, there is no CD/DVD drive nor a IDE ata/atapi controller
    which are important to show up CD/DVD drive. What should I do. I made this PC (CUSTOM PC). Help needed!

Hrishi Patel, Aug 2, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

Hi Nate

Changing/updating the IDE ATA ATAPI controller drivers will have no effect on your ability to access or even format a USB flash drive - that is not on a SATA channel

What size is that USb flash drive?

Open Disk Management (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Can you see the partition on that Flash drive?

If so, right click that and choose 'Delete Volume'

Then you should have an 'Unallocated space' on the Flash Drive

Right click that and choose New - Simple volume

If that does not also succeed, then most likely your Flash drive is bricked and will not be recoverable, sorry!

DaveM121, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Impact of changing my IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver... - Similar Threads - Impact changing IDE

2. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller: Just built a new computer and 2 of my hard drives are not being seen in windows but they are seen in the motherboard BIOS, when looking at my Device Manager it appears that my IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers appear to not be installed, the Serial ATA Controller is just listed under...
  3. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller: Just built a new computer and 2 of my hard drives are not being seen in windows but they are seen in the motherboard BIOS, when looking at my Device Manager it appears that my IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers appear to not be installed, the Serial ATA Controller is just listed under...
  4. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  6. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  7. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  8. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  9. ide ata/atapi controllers

ide ata/atapi controllers: i have win 10 on a aurora 6 computer..i don't know if my controllers and dvd was accidentally erased or if they got lost in a upgrade. all i know is there not in device manager or in BIOS. i have ran the ePsa. today virtual agent did what she called a in place upgrade.i...
  10. IDE ATA/ATAPI controller not starting

IDE ATA/ATAPI controller not starting: Hello- I've been very frustrated with my upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Desktop computer. I've upgraded two computers at my house to Windows 10. Both have had much different results. My Windows 8 laptop upgraded easily and operates nicely with the update. My...