Windows 10: Impact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver

Discus and support Impact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The DVD/ CD driver on my computer has been disabled since the June 26th upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, have you found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by herbertgerson, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Impact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver

The DVD/ CD driver on my computer has been disabled since the June 26th upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, have you found a solution? Herb

:)

herbertgerson, Jul 5, 2018

2. CD/DVD Drive not recongnizing

Original title: Franks

Hi Franks,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2018
  3. DVD CD Player

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

• 1. Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

2. Click on Troubleshooting tab.

3. Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

4. Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

5. Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the DVD/CD-ROM drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• 1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.

2. Select DVD/CD-ROM and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

5. Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope it helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Impact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver

CD/DVD drive (EImpact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Impact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver

1. Impact of June 26 update on DVD/CD drver - Similar Threads - Impact June update

2. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  3. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  4. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows isn't recognizing my CD/DVD Player June 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows isn't recognizing my CD/DVD Player June 2020: ...and it's VERY frustrating! I have an ASUS G752VT laptop running Windows 10 1909. It has 16GB of memory, and the system type is 64-bit OS. When I start up my computer the cd drive makes a sound indicating it's going to work. I go to "This PC" and click on DVD RW Drive...
  6. CD/DVD

CD/DVD: i just loaded windows 10pro on my computer with my CD/DVD player, and now that everthing is loaded and running i cant find or use my cd/dvd player how do i get win10 pro to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd/a5bb5714-7a73-440f-9f4c-f8f6e389f33d
  7. CD'S AND DVD'S

CD'S AND DVD'S: MY COMPUTER CAN NO LONGER PLAY DVD' OR CD'. WINDOWS 10, 64 BIT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-and-dvds/24c6b23d-22dd-403c-81df-9d0df43fd6a7
  8. dvd/cd

dvd/cd: Does Windows 10 have a dvd/cd player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd/f7a08f85-0364-4c06-8268-42ea99c0a90e
  9. cd and dvd

cd and dvd: can any one tell me how to format a cd or dvd in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-and-dvd/cbb85540-9e45-4c5e-adf0-db53aed81ad4
  10. cd/ dvd

cd/ dvd: my system cd /dvd was not working how to salow the problam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd/1868ea48-2a52-44af-8a58-a39b087494f7