Windows 10: Impact of Removing HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy

Discus and support Impact of Removing HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am in the process of finalising my Customisations on my test OS ready for a Clean Install. I came across a REG file that I had created a while ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Black, May 8, 2021.

1. Impact of Removing HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy

I am in the process of finalising my Customisations on my test OS ready for a Clean Install. I came across a REG file that I had created a while ago, but I did NOT run it, and I initially thought that it would work nicely. On reflection though, I am NOT so sure, hence creating this thread looking for input. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy] The majority of what this removes I already have the REG files for ready to go, and as you can probably imagine, there are quite a few of them. I decided to investigate what the impact was likely to be, and I came across this website which lists the various categories held within AppPrivacy . . . > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy Now I could setup a REG file [ rather than having MANY files that Turn Off and Disable ] that will Remove them Individually if I did NOT want to Remove them ALL, something like this for example . . . Code: [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy\LetAppsAccessBackgroundSpatialPerception] . . . [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy\LetAppsAccessAccountInfo_ForceDenyTheseApps] . . . or, run them anyway and then run . . . [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy] I do know that once they are gone, they are gone, and it would take a tremendous effort, investigation, and testing to get them back! I will probably create a System Image tomorrow and test this out, but I thought I would see what you think beforehand?

:)

Paul Black, May 8, 2021

2. Missing "Installer" in registry edit -> hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows

Hi guys,

I recently tried installing CorelDraw and this error message popped up

"This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator"

I tried following troubleshooting steps where it asked me to:

start > run regedit
    Browse the registry to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
    Create: DisableMSI Type: REG_DWORD value = 0 (0 should allow you to install it was originally 1)
    (In my case the value had been set to 2 so I changed it to 0)

Here I am not able to find the installer folder in this path.

Would be really helpful to hear from you guys to solve this problem.

Thank you.

DevanathanS1, May 8, 2021
  3. Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Probably something like this:

Block Windows 10 upgrades.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
    "DisableOSUpgrade"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GWX]
    "DisableGWX"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
    "ReservationsAllowed"=dword:00000000​
    They likely pushed out these registry edits in a Group Policy update.

For home users, I think that GWX Control Panel is a more convenient way to reign in unwanted Windows 10 upgrades. This utility makes it easy to change your mind at a later time.

Static~Charge, May 8, 2021
  4. Impact of Removing HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy

Windows 10 Tweaks

How do you reverse this action ?

bonehead123, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Impact of Removing HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy

1. Impact of Removing HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy - Similar Threads - Impact Removing HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsAppPrivacy

2. Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts: In a review of the devices on my Microsoft account I see computers I sold years ago and some with bitlocker. I clearly do not have access to them. Further, there are computers I want bitlocker removed - which may also be remote but still owned by me. It is not clear on my...
  3. Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts: In a review of the devices on my Microsoft account I see computers I sold years ago and some with bitlocker. I clearly do not have access to them. Further, there are computers I want bitlocker removed - which may also be remote but still owned by me. It is not clear on my...
  4. Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Genshin impact

Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  6. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  7. Genshin Impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  8. Genshin Impact

Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  9. Genshin Impact :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Genshin Impact :: When I download genshin impact it will say "Allow this download to make changes to your desktop", but when I click yes nothing shows up at all I've watched all kinds of videos but I really do not know what to do....
  10. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Genshin impact: Hi, i would like to know if there is way to run Genshin impact via Comand prompt without putting in administrator for the kernel level anticheat. submitted by /u/--jackette-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxgewm/genshin_impact/