Windows 10: Implication of automatic windows security update

Discus and support Implication of automatic windows security update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can any application based on the .Net Framework be affected after a security update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Summy Saurav, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Implication of automatic windows security update

Can any application based on the .Net Framework be affected after a security update?

:)

Summy Saurav, Jul 19, 2018
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 19, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Implication of automatic windows security update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Implication of automatic windows security update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Implication of automatic windows security update

1. Implication of automatic windows security update - Similar Threads - Implication automatic security

2. Has a security update been released and automatically downloaded by Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has a security update been released and automatically downloaded by Windows Security: Just received an alert about Microsoft having been breech. Has it been dealt with by the updates or do you have to load a download yourself? Please advise...
  3. Has a security update been released and automatically downloaded by Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has a security update been released and automatically downloaded by Windows Security: Just received an alert about Microsoft having been breech. Has it been dealt with by the updates or do you have to load a download yourself? Please advise...
  4. Has a security update been released and automatically downloaded by Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does Windows Security update its defintions automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows Security update its defintions automatically: HI I was going to ask a question about windows update. I was wondering if I could ask a question. I was going to windows update and I saw that the security defintions for windows security it was wanting me to push the download button under the download button it said pending...
  6. What's the security implication of using an old Windows 10 installation media?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the security implication of using an old Windows 10 installation media?: Hello! Just curious since i reformatted an old computer yesterday and had a bootable Windows 10 USB laying around. The Windows editions that I got to choose (from the installation menu) were from April 2019. So I installed the OS connected to the internet, and the first...
  7. Automatic Security Intelligence Update

Automatic Security Intelligence Update: Whenever I go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates, I get Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender. Some times 2 or 3 updates every day. My question: Can I tell Windows to check for updates automatically maybe twice a day and auto install these security...
  8. security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security implications of posting BSOD mini-dump and sysinfo for Win10 x64: Hello -- As part of troubleshooting BSOD, there is recommended procedure to post memory mini-dump and sysinfo information. Reference PROCEDURE HERE. What are the security implications, if any, of doing this for community/public view? I understand in the PAST win XP,...
  9. Security updates for February not automatically installed

Security updates for February not automatically installed: Each month Windows gets a cumulative update as well as other security updates like the .NET framework updates, Adobe Flash updates etc. automatically, with the default update settings. Very recently I changed some of those things so that I can have more control over them and...
  10. Rescuing Users files on a corrupt HD and the security implications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rescuing Users files on a corrupt HD and the security implications: My friend's computer HD developed corrupt blocks and we could not do a restore or repair. I booted off a linux live USB stick and to my surprise was able to get access to all of my friends files and their contents but also to my relief as this meant her work was not lost. I...