Windows 10: Import a single firewall rule

Discus and support Import a single firewall rule in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there anyway to import a single firewall rule? I know how to export a single (or multiple) firewall rule(s) to a csv file, but how do I import the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ztruker, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Import a single firewall rule

Is there anyway to import a single firewall rule?

I know how to export a single (or multiple) firewall rule(s) to a csv file, but how do I import the rule(s) to another system or to the same system at a later date?

All I've been able to find is how to import firewall policy.

:)

Ztruker, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. TwuTu Win User
    Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hi!

1) It was an .exe of a game.

2) I was creating an outbound rule, so it was something like: New rule > Program > Block connections > All 3 boxes (Domain, Private, Public) ticked > Named it "GRW" > Done

3) After creating the rule, I wasn't able to connect to the game services when I started the game. I deactivated the Firewall and I was able to connect to them. Tested this several times. The rule itself didn't appear on the list though. I made the rule
    twice, still it didn't. Then I created a rule that would "allow" the same .exe and it did appear on the list.

As mentioned, there is not a single blocking rule in my list. Everything was done within the "Advanced Firewall Setting", which looks like this:

Import a single firewall rule 15768673-5323-4dac-9980-5d42d5d554e0?upload=true.png

(It's in German, sorry)

TwuTu, Jul 10, 2019
  4. TwuTu Win User

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Import a single firewall rule - Similar Threads - Import single firewall

2. Firewall rules resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  3. Firewall rules resetting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  4. Firewall rules resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Adding firewall rules

Adding firewall rules: I am trying to get Windows 10 mail app to work, going through the firewall, using "Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control" . I have gotten instructions from the program maker to do this: Problem: Windows Mail can't synchronize folders: This applies to Windows 10 while Medium...
  7. Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule

Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule: The firewall rule configuration settings have become very complex and now go beyond the typical port / protocol / scope settings. They can include APPX packages and services. I now want to take a specific complex firewall rule and be able to apply it elsewhere. GUI is...
  8. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  9. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  10. Firewall rules resetting

Firewall rules resetting: For some reason I'm not able to keep my firewall settings saved. Specifically, apps that I allow through the firewall whether through prompt or control panel reset back to "not allowed.' I think this is happening after each update. It's extremely frustrating as I primarily...