Windows 10: Import button missing

Discus and support Import button missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10, Office 365 No import button on C:user/member/contact folder - how can I import .vcf file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RussYoung2, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Import button missing

Windows 10, Office 365

No import button on C:user/member/contact folder - how can I import .vcf file?

:)

RussYoung2, Jan 29, 2019

2. Importing photos

Hi Susie,

Is the phone not recognized or is it not importing the pictures automatically?

Is Nokia PC suite installed in your PC? Is that not recognizing the phone as well?

I would suggest you to open device manager and check if the device is listed in the device manager. Right click on the start button and click on Device manager. Check if the device is listed there . If it is listed, right click on the entry and click update
    driver. If the device is not listed, check if the device is listed under other categories. I would also suggest you to click on the 'View' menu button and click on "show hidden devices' and check if you find any entries related to your phone. Try these steps
    and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 29, 2019
  3. IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Import button missing

Start button missing

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand your concern about Start button missing on Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    c. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Import button missing

1. Import button missing - Similar Threads - Import button missing

2. important folders missing / deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    important folders missing / deleted: so arranging some files and this got deleted somehownormally i think windows doesn't allow you to delete these but for some reason it is allowing to delete themdunno why it can be deleted cause i remember that those files were protected windows doesn't allow you to delete...
  3. Imported pics are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imported pics are missing: I imported pics and videos from iPhone to Win11 Photos app using lightning to USB into my desktop.Not all of them were imported, although many were, but even those that have been cannot be found. They are visible in Photos app under "All" but do not appear in any of the...
  4. Imported pics are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imported pics are missing: I imported pics and videos from iPhone to Win11 Photos app using lightning to USB into my desktop.Not all of them were imported, although many were, but even those that have been cannot be found. They are visible in Photos app under "All" but do not appear in any of the...
  5. Important updates missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important updates missing?: [ATTACH] I've got updates enabled, but getting this message. https://preview.redd.it/2pv8tqxy6zy61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=e93f5f743bfee0c5ccb29700be88e47db6674366 submitted by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog [link] [comments]...
  6. Missing button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing button: Whenever I got to change my time It says would you like to let this control your device but I can't ever put yes because the button is not there. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-button/6cf8b0a5-3496-4918-92f7-d40cc5b7c3c1
  7. imported photos missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    imported photos missing: I recently imported photos from my camera onto my laptop by inserting the SD memory card into the slot on the laptop. Once I confirmed that they had downloaded I created a folder for them and then deleted them off the memory card. However now I cannot find the photos...
  8. Lots of important settings missing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of important settings missing...: [ATTACH] Hello im new to reddit and im not sure if im posting in the right place but ive had problems with my computer where i couldnt toggle some settings it said they were locked by my org or sth of that sort. Eventually i gave up on those settings but recently more and...
  9. No "Import" button in Photos

No "Import" button in Photos: Trying to import pictures from my iphone, however can't find "Import" button in Photos app. Screenshot below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/no-import-button-in-photos/e96b8a84-68bf-4744-9f53-e395a4b364c6
  10. photo app as no import button!!

photo app as no import button!!: Have just put windows 10 on my pc downloaded all updates up to 12th July 2018, found that there is no import button in the photo app looked in every folder their is just no way to import from any device I plug in..have also updated all drivers for my mobile devices. Have...