Windows 10: Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

Discus and support Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I need help with MDT. I want to create a task sequence which will take custom WIM at the time of installation. As I have different computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaniyalAli1, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

Hi All,
    I need help with MDT. I want to create a task sequence which will take custom WIM at the time of installation. As I have different computer models and I don't want to import all WIM into the operating systems folder. I will make a shared folder where all of WIM's will be available and at the time of deployment, I will select from there. please help me with that.

:)

DaniyalAli1, Jul 6, 2019
  2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Kokich Win User
    Capturing reference Win10 1803 image for MDT 2013

Hi Kari,
    This is tremendous job thank you for all your efforts to create this great workflow. I believe many admins are really appreciated to learn this. I have a question if I want to capture a custom image for MDT deployment for Win 10 1803 how these steps are will change it since the TS are taking care of drive partitioning and we have customsettings.ini and bootstrap.ini files created. I try your workflow except to create the partitioning answer file, only i create unattended answer.xml with the OEM settings but it does not work. Also, I use a script to delete all Windows Store Apps which is really important for our image during the time when the reference machine was connected to the internet, and according to another article that is an issue when Sysprep to capture the WIM. The wim file is created without any errors but when start the dep[loyment failed with Error: 5640 50: Run DISM.exe. What is your suggestion about this scenario?
    Thank you for your time and effort here!

Kokich, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

how to open wim files

Hi , I am Dexter, an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I'll suggest you read this doc from Microsoft:

Capture and apply a Windows image using a single .WIM file

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Dexter Lien, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

1. Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment - Similar Threads - Import Capture WIM

2. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images, an OS image and a data image, across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  3. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  4. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  5. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture: Hi All,As mentioned in the title;During the MDT Capture wizard every steps works as intended OS installation, apps, sysprep, however it skips the "Create wim" step completely and continues with a shutdown. Any idea how to fix this?I have logs available if needed.MDT is being...
  6. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture: Hi All,As mentioned in the title;During the MDT Capture wizard every steps works as intended OS installation, apps, sysprep, however it skips the "Create wim" step completely and continues with a shutdown. Any idea how to fix this?I have logs available if needed.MDT is being...
  7. WIM file deployment: Version 21H1 -- 19043.1165

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    WIM file deployment: Version 21H1 -- 19043.1165: Hi I have a WIM file, and wonder HOW2 deploy it, or just delete it and use the standard W10 .ISO as I normally would? Also am I in the correct / best place to ask such a question? 183961
  8. Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like...: I had to add a folder to my imaging WIM file and used DISM to mount the WIM. I was able to mount the WIM and add the folder.When I unmount and save changes. Insert the WIM into my MDT > task sequence the deployment kicks off and completes but it does not recognize the...
  9. DISM captures a 17GB wim file. Yet it's only 3.7GB when mounted!???

DISM captures a 17GB wim file. Yet it's only 3.7GB when mounted!???: ​I volunteer at a local community center. It has an Open Computer Lab for the public. It has An HP Server (Server 2012 R2). It’s a domain controller supporting Folder Redirection and Roaming Profiles 20 PCs (Windows 10 Pro v1511) but being upgrade to v1607. No hurry to get...
  10. Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file

Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file: Hi everyone, I'm having a persistent issue with deploying Windows 10 Pro onto some Dell Optiplex 3040 PCs we just received. I'm attempting to use Windows Deployment Services through a Server 2012 R2 installation, to which a client can PXE boot to receive the image....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you deploy a .wim file to windows phone?

2. import wim to mdt

3. Capture and apply a Windows image using a single .WIM file doc

4. importing captured windows 10 wim