Windows 10: Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregInCanada, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

Hello

I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail.

I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail.

If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The window is outside of Windows 10 Mail.

If I 'Send to Email Recipient' from File Explorer Windows does NOT recognize the file extension association already established by Windows 10 Mail for itself.

I cannot find any instruction in either Windows 10 or Windows 10 Email.

How do I do this please?

:)

GregInCanada, Sep 10, 2018

2. .EML file import into Windows 10

Is there a way to import .eml files (created as export from Windows Live Mail) into Windows 10 mail? Files are no longer on server, only stored on previous computer. Can't locate Microsoft .eml program/app to read .eml files, even though Microsoft program
    created them.

MichaelTAZSD, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Billg226 Win User
    Import Windows Mail

1--Can Windows Mail (Vista/*.eml) be imported to Windows 10 Mail client?
    2--Also while setting up Windows 10 Mail, when I Delete last Email, Mail closes. Any help/suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Billg226, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

how do I import .eml files to windows 10 mail?

I have the same question: I have a bunch of *.eml files that I need to import in Windows 10 Mail App.

The files were extacted from a Windows Vista PC with a damaged HDD using the command prompt so the option of doing a "clean" export from Windows Vista is not really a option. What I have is all the *.eml files in a folder on a USB.

I'm not even sure that the Windows 10 Mail app actually stores emails as *.eml because I have received some emails since starting to use Windows 10 and a search for *.eml files on the whole HDD does not yield any results!

I am running out of ideas...

A search shows the following thread:

Where does the Windows 8 Mail App store data?

But I went to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/LocalState

and I cannot find an "indexed" folder.

Help anyone?

ChristianeB9, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

1. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Import EML files

2. import e-mail eml format from a webmail into Microsoft Posta app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    import e-mail eml format from a webmail into Microsoft Posta app in Windows 11: Dear "assistant",I try to explain my problem:I have a domain that is managed via MS Exchange into MS Post W11, so far I'm using exchange protocol. Now the problem born because this domain will be dismissed soon and I need to import the sent e-mail into the app in order not to...
  3. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  4. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  5. Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app: Where is it located? I looked into this folder: C:\Users\rahul\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState but can't find any folder which contains .eml files....
  6. EML (.eml) Files

EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  7. Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files

Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files: I have been using Windows Live Mail within the Windows 10 Operating System. I want to transfer all of my saved email (with the .eml extension) over to Outlook 2013 on a different laptop. Nothing I have tried so far has been successful. And I don't see where Outlook stores...
  8. cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail

cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail: I have set Windows 10 Mail as my default email client and made sure that "Mail" is set to handle .eml files. I have some .eml files I have saved on my hard drive, and if double-click on a .eml file it opens up, the window says "Mail" in the upper left corner, and there are...
  9. Eml mail

in Browsers and Email
    Eml mail: ​How do you open Eml mail in Windows 10? 33545
  10. mail app NOT eml

in Browsers and Email
    mail app NOT eml: Am I missing something ? Mail App doesn't open .eml files ? Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ? Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ? 7939

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import eml to windows 10

2. windows 10 mail import eml

3. import .eml files into windows 10 mail

4. import eml files into windows mail,
  5. import eml files into windows 10 mail,
  6. windows 10 mail import folders,
  7. import windows mail files,
  8. windows 10 mail import eml files,
  9. windows mail windows 10 import files,
  10. import eml files into windows 10 mail app,
  11. does windows mail import eml files,