Windows 10: Import Excel file into Access 2010

Discus and support Import Excel file into Access 2010 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmptyStocking, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Import Excel file into Access 2010

When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?

:)

EmptyStocking, Oct 23, 2021
  2. B. Parker Win User

WP Excel won't open Excel 2010 Spreadsheets

I use Office 2010 (32 bit) on my Win7 Pro computer.

I have been using my Windows Phone 7.5 to open/edit Excel 2010 files stored on Skydrive for some time.

Suddenly, WP will not open the same files which it could open just awhile ago.

I have used Excel 2010 to edit these spreadsheets since the last time I opened them with WPExcel and saved them in the same format as before.

WPExcel states:

"Can't Open. Excel doen't recognize the file format "<filename"".

Yet these files open without issue with Excel 2010.

Any suggestions?

Update - WPExcel will open cloud Excel files that have not been recently opened by Excel 2010. Those files operate properly. However, once I open the same files with Excel 2010 and save them - WPExcel can not open them. Problem with Excel 2010?

B. Parker, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Import Excel file into Access 2010

Excel Starter 2010

Your subject line reads "Excel Starter 2010" but in your most recent post you mention "Excel Starter 2000". Which one is it?

Regardless of this, I think your installation is damaged. If this was my machine then I would do this:

1. Download & install the free version of Macrium Reflect.
    2. Use it to create an image of drive C:. In this way, you are fully protected against anything.
    3. Create a Macrium Reflect rescue disk on a USB flash disk.
    4. Press Windows key+I
    5. Click "Update and Security"
    6. Click "Recovery"
    7. Click "Get started"
    8. Select "Keep my files"

Frederik Long, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Import Excel file into Access 2010

1. Import Excel file into Access 2010 - Similar Threads - Import Excel file

2. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  3. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2010: I want to freeze the top 6 rows and columns 1, 2, and 3, I got it to do more than that but I want just the one I have mentioned. It is critical to the project I am working on, if I can't, I will have to think of something else. Is this even possible????...
  4. Excel 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Import Excel file into Access 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import Excel file into Access 2010: When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?...
  6. Import Excel file into Access 2010

Import Excel file into Access 2010: When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?...
  7. Importing Act! Pro version 19.2 database files into Access 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Act! Pro version 19.2 database files into Access 2010: How do I import Act! Pro version 19.2 database files into Access 2010? Can I achieve the same functionality when using Access instead of Act!?...
  8. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  9. Excel Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Starter 2010: After each automatic download from microsoft my Aspire Lap top locks up with a blank black screen after I log in with my pass code. I generally have to shut down and restart my computer in safe mode. Apparently the Task Manager does not start in the initial startup. The last...
  10. Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared: I unintentionally uninstalled Windows 10 yesterday by restoring Windows 7. I immediately reinstalled Windows 10 but now my Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 shortcuts don't allow me access and say they are not installed and I can't find where I can get them back....