Windows 10: Import From Camera not creating folders by date

Discus and support Import From Camera not creating folders by date in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I import from a connected device it no longer creates a folder by date taken after import. Started about 10 days ago. I need it to created/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blake Harris Blake, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Import From Camera not creating folders by date

When I import from a connected device it no longer creates a folder by date taken after import. Started about 10 days ago. I need it to created/or add the photos to a created folder by date taken.

:)

Blake Harris Blake, Dec 22, 2020

2. Import the photos from the Camera to Windows 10

Can you try the following steps:

• Connect the camera to your PC.
    • Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    • Select Import.

Note

Import isn't available if you're looking at a single picture in full screen view.
    • Select the device you want to import from.
    • The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import or select Select all.
    • Select Import.
    The photos and videos are saved in the Pictures folder in a sub folder named with the date (for example, 2016-12-10).

Based on your screenshot, the system did not detect you device as a camera. If the steps provided didn't work, contact your device manufacturer and ask them if they have any know compatibility issues. Some camera requires an application that will give the
    option to import/export pictures.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Carmine Sam, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Henry JLi Win User
    how to automotically create folders when importing photos from camera

Thank you Dom for such a swift reply. Win 10 actually comes with Camera which allows importing photos into dated folders, a feature I found very helpful. However somehow my laptop malfunctions with that feature and I cannot fix it. Do you know of any way
    I can group my massive, randomly placed photos into folders by the dates?

Thanks and regards,

Henry

Henry JLi, Dec 22, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Import From Camera not creating folders by date

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Import From Camera not creating folders by date

1. Import From Camera not creating folders by date - Similar Threads - Import Camera creating

2. Importing Pictures from Camera Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing Pictures from Camera Disk: I went from Windows 7 to 10. This morning I bought Fortect and it repaired my computer. Yesterday I imported pictures from my camera disk but had no way to name the folder or save it. Now I don't know how to import from my camera disk. Please HELP!* Moved from MS Teams...
  3. Camera not importing pics by date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera not importing pics by date: Part of my job requires using a DSLR to shoot pics of inanimate objects, and then importing them to my work laptop. On my old work laptop, running Windows 10, the pics were automatically sorted into folders based on the month and year, which was helpful when I needed to grab...
  4. Importing Photos from my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Photos from my camera: When I import pictures from my camera the app always used to group them by date taken, ie Jan 2021, now it no longer puts them in a folder and they are scattered all over the place making it really hard to find the ones I need. What happened and how do I change it back?...
  5. Importing pictures from camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing pictures from camera: Up until recently when I imported multiple pictures they would be grouped into a file folder and listed with the file folder type. Now my pictures are importing individually with the jpg type. How do I go back to importing multiple pictures into a file folder as a group?...
  6. Problem importing photos from camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem importing photos from camera: When I try to import photos from my camera using a USB cord, I get the error message "Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-importing-photos-from-camera/dd23b0fc-11d0-4b26-938f-4e2ef2c4f1a3
  7. Importing photos from camera

Importing photos from camera: I have a Fuji JX420 digital camera, about 10 years old. All of a sudden, it won't let me import photos from camera to computer. I get a msg " 0 videos imported" but I'm not trying to import videos, just photos! I even tried shooting a video and importing it, and got the same...
  8. importing pictures from a camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures from a camera: Up until yesterday, when I plugged in my Canon camera with a USB cord to my computer, all I had to do was turn on the camera and Windows 10 automatically imported only my most recent photos. But today, when I turn my camera on, Windows 10 won't do that, and the only way I...
  9. Importing Pictures from my Camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Pictures from my Camera: In my old Windows when I transferred my pictures from my camera it would automatically as me to name the pictures and drop them into a folder for that month. How can I do this on Windows 10?...
  10. import photos from camera

import photos from camera: I can't seem to figure out why the folder where the photos are is what opens up when I plug in a usb camera and not the photo app. I have autoplay enabled and photo as my default photo viewer. 16502