Windows 10: Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar

Discus and support Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I linked a google account in my calendar App and I can correctly see and sync all the google calendars.I have an issue when I try to import .ics files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leonardo ORAZI, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar

I linked a google account in my calendar App and I can correctly see and sync all the google calendars.I have an issue when I try to import .ics files with events generated by my organizations. During the import Calendar App proposes in which calendar to import the event. The issue is that only *few* of the available google calendars that I can see and sync are available for import.I double checked the properties of the different google calendars and all is apparently the same.Any suggestions?Regards

:)

Leonardo ORAZI, Aug 5, 2021

2. Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Anonymous Win User
    Open .ics files with Windows 10 Calendar app

Windows 10 App does not import ICS files. However, Google calendar does. If you add your gmail account to your mail and calendar apps on windows 10 and then sync them, the ics you import into google calendars will show up in the windows 10 calendar app.

Anonymous, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar

Open .ics files with Windows 10 Calendar app

It seems that Windows 10 Calendar does support .ics files now.

I had an attachment on an email which was labelled "not supported calendar message.ics" - I clicked on it anyway - nothing seemed to happen.

So I imported the .ics file anyway as follows:
    I right clicked on the attachment and saved it to disk.
    I then right clicked on the .ics file and I selected "open with": and then Windows "Calendar" app from list.
    I opened Windows 10 Calendar and the entry was there. it was actually there twice since the first click worked anyway, just no notification so I did not know it worked

Stephen Forest, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar

1. Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar - Similar Threads - Import ics file

2. How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.: Hello,I have imported .ICS calendar to my Windows Desktop Calendar app. By Mistake I added it twice, so I want to delete duplicate events. And want to learn how to delete .ICS calendar which I have inserted.I have tried removing my Gmail account connected to this application,...
  3. How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete imported .ICS calendar in my Windows Desktop calendar Not Outlook.: Hello,I have imported .ICS calendar to my Windows Desktop Calendar app. By Mistake I added it twice, so I want to delete duplicate events. And want to learn how to delete .ICS calendar which I have inserted.I have tried removing my Gmail account connected to this application,...
  4. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  5. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  6. Import URL calendars in Win10 calendar app

Import URL calendars in Win10 calendar app: Hi there, I'm using Win10 and have a question about it's calendar functionality. For my personal calendar I use Google, and for work I'm using Asanas calendarexport-URL to display them in Google calendar. When I import the Google account into Win10, I only get the main...
  7. Calendar for Google Calendar Genius Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Calendar for Google Calendar Genius Apps: Has anyone purchased the "Calendar for Google Calendar ( Genius Apps)" to work? How did you receive the code to open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-for-google-calendar-genius-apps/b85d71b8-b963-4ec6-9fe7-e28b298fdfa0"
  8. Edge calendar and Google calendar

Edge calendar and Google calendar: Hi. As all my machines are pre loaded with Windows 10 so I have finally decided to embrace Microsoft Edge. I have been using Google Chrome for years including Google Calendar and love the colour coding. I can tell from a mere glance what is expected of me that day. I cannot...
  9. How to sync ALL shared Google Calendars to Windows 10 Calendar app??

How to sync ALL shared Google Calendars to Windows 10 Calendar app??: Hi *Smile I added my Google account to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app, but I can only view some of my Google Calendars (my personal and a few others) BUT none of the calendars under the "other calendars" category on Google Calendars are populating/syncing and showing...
  10. Location of Windows Calendar .ics files?

Location of Windows Calendar .ics files?: Anyone know the location of the .ics files saved by Windows Calendar? I am hoping to use these files for the Rainlendar program.. 20127