Windows 10: import mac files from external drive to windows 10

Discus and support import mac files from external drive to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; import mac files from external drive to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulMcCuaig, Jan 18, 2020.

1. import mac files from external drive to windows 10

import mac files from external drive to windows 10

:)

PaulMcCuaig, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Pembo210 Win User

mac files

Correct. HFS+ will not work on windows, unless you purchase extra software.

If you want the external drive to work on Windows and Mac AND also allow files larger than 4GB, then you need to format as NTFS from a Windows machine and run a program from your Mac like Macfuse or NTFS-3G to read the NTFS file system.

The other option is to format in HFS+ (mac) and buy a program called MacDrive that allows Windows computers to read Mac formatted drives. I think it's like $50.

That's pretty much all I can remember from my Mac days. I haven't used one in a couple years.

Pembo210, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  4. import mac files from external drive to windows 10

mac files

Its better to format it to NTFS and run a program to allow mac to read it. This an ext. hard drive right. Windows is everywhere.

lyndonguitar, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

import mac files from external drive to windows 10

1. import mac files from external drive to windows 10 - Similar Threads - import mac files

2. Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive: I used to have a MacBook that I used to put all photos onto an external hard drive and now have switched to a surface pro running windows 11 and when plug the hard drive in does not recognise the photos stored. I’m guessing this is a format problem but how can I overcome...
  3. Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from mac to windows on external drive: I used to have a MacBook that I used to put all photos onto an external hard drive and now have switched to a surface pro running windows 11 and when plug the hard drive in does not recognise the photos stored. I’m guessing this is a format problem but how can I overcome...
  4. Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11: I'm looking for a way to retrieve my Mac photos on my external hard drive to my new Windows 11 pc.I have 9,000 plus photos . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mac-format-files-from-external-hard-drive/742d0293-3abf-4c53-bbe5-fb871ca58d8a
  5. Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11

Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11: I'm looking for a way to retrieve my Mac photos on my external hard drive to my new Windows 11 pc.I have 9,000 plus photos . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mac-format-files-from-external-hard-drive/742d0293-3abf-4c53-bbe5-fb871ca58d8a
  6. greyed out icons after file transfer from mac and external drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    greyed out icons after file transfer from mac and external drives?: Hi everyone. I'll just explain whats going on here: I finally managed to borrow a mac so I can extract data from a mac-only-format external HDD. I'm copying all the files to the mac from the HDD (around 2TB of data, mostly music) then copying bit-by -bit with a 32GB USB to...
  7. Files from Mac are not showing on external hard drive in Windows 10

Files from Mac are not showing on external hard drive in Windows 10: I have copied some folders from MacOS High Sierra to a Seagate HD (exFAT, 1TB). When opening the hard drive in Win10 the folders/files are not there, not even in hide mode. I had this same problem when my Seagate was formatted to NTFS, which Mac doesn't support without...
  8. help with deleting mac files from external hard drive

help with deleting mac files from external hard drive: Help!! how can i delete old mac backups from a divided external hard drive so I can free up space/repartition for pc backups? submitted by /u/farmboy1234567 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb64oy/help_with_deleting_mac_files_from_external_hard/
  9. Import Photos from SD card to external drive

Import Photos from SD card to external drive: I would like to know how to import photos from a memory card to an external hard drive for storage. I'm using the Photos App and wish to work with that App to edit, organize, etc. I don't see a choice for the external hard drive when I select Import. If the photos are on...
  10. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC: I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my computer. The hard drive is recognized in disk management, but does not appear under devices. I would like to format it to...