Windows 10: Import mail messages

Discus and support Import mail messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by laksi, May 12, 2021.

1. laksi Win User

Import mail messages

How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail?

:)

laksi, May 12, 2021

2. How to import old mail in Windows10 mail.

Hi Nina,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you to import your old emails.

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Did you configured email account with mail app?
    If you are using mail app, you can try the below steps to import the emails.

• Open mail app and click on gear option/settings.

• Click on manage accounts and click on the account you want to import the emails.

• Click on "manage sync settings" and select your choice time period the import the emails.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, May 12, 2021
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    Importing Outlook Express E-mail

Ok so i did some digging and took a bit from this guide here: How to recover Windows Mail data and settings from a corrupted user profile - The Winhelponline Blog I did the first 2 steps (I didn't think it was that simple!) to copy the messages/accounts/contacts, but ignored the rest since the guide was set up for creating a new account on the same computer. I installed windows live mail 2012 which i think is what they had, and everything is back to what it was. Thanks for the suggestions along the way!

Carsomyr, May 12, 2021
  4. Billg226 Win User

Import mail messages

Import Windows Mail

1--Can Windows Mail (Vista/*.eml) be imported to Windows 10 Mail client?
    2--Also while setting up Windows 10 Mail, when I Delete last Email, Mail closes. Any help/suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Billg226, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Import mail messages

1. Import mail messages - Similar Threads - Import mail messages

2. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  3. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  4. important message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    important message: Review your location settings important How do I get rid of this off the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/important-message/c0e44cff-d6a3-4a4b-9d54-52cf63a350a6
  5. important message

important message: Review your location settings important How do I get rid of this off the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/important-message/c0e44cff-d6a3-4a4b-9d54-52cf63a350a6
  6. Important security message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Important security message: I have an important security message that tells me to call support immediately tel 0203 287 7078...I'm locked out of my computer please help cannot access anything. Is this number genuine?...
  7. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird: Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few years are stored in Mail. As there is no Import/Export option in Mail, I've been trying to find out how I can achieve this....
  8. Importing Mail in Microsoft Mail Application

Importing Mail in Microsoft Mail Application: Hi A friend of mine has bough a new machine with windows 10 on it, On his old machine (which is also windows 10) he used the Microsft Mail app, he exported all the mails onto an external hard drive WHen he logs into that same account on the new machine none of the old...
  9. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249
  10. Import Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import Windows Mail: 1--Can Windows Mail (Vista/*.eml) be imported to Windows 10 Mail client? 2--Also while setting up Windows 10 Mail, when I Delete last Email, Mail closes. Any help/suggestions? Thanks, Bill 49748