Windows 10: Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Discus and support Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; No, I cannot not. Only notebooks that I had started online, but not the others. Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by cfuglein, May 11, 2016.

1. cfuglein Win User

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

No, I cannot not. Only notebooks that I had started online, but not the others.

cfuglein, May 16, 2016
  2. Kari Win User

OK. That means tehre are only two things which can explain it:1.) The notebooks were not shared correctly
    -- OR --
    2.) They were shared using another MS account, not the one used on OneNote Online or Windows OneNote App
    I decided to test this again, starting from scratch. I installed Windows 10 Pro on a test machine, and Office 2010 to that machine. I created some sample notebooks storing them locally, on computer.

I then shared the notebooks with my own MS account email, and closed OneNote 2010. Going to OneNote Online, the notebooks were immediately available. They were also immediately available in Windows OneNote App.

I am sorry you can't make it work, cannot think anything else I could tell you. The instructions given are for 100% sure correct, that I have now tested several times.

3. cfuglein Win User
    Thanks again, you're certainly thorough. I have so many other things that I need to do, it was just getting too frustrating to me. I'm sure it has something to do with accounts, I probably have several MS accounts which I was forced to get.

cfuglein, May 16, 2016
  4. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Hi Kari, I am currently using Onenote 2010 sync with Onedrive.
    I tried using Onenote Win10 by syncing with Onedrive and all my notes appeared seamlessly.

I have a question and hope you can help me on this.
    Onenote 2010 stores my files on the hard-drive so that i can access the files when offline.
    Does Onenote win10 use the same file on the hard-drive ? or creates a separate hard-drive ?
    If it is the latter, then I would be using twice the disk space, and if so, how do i remove the files on the hard-drive for Onenote 2010 ?

kraftsigns, Jul 1, 2017
  5. cfuglein Win User
    I don't know if it's the same file without Win 10, but I'm assuming it is. I can find only one location for my Onenote 2010 using Windows 10. Can't find any others.

cfuglein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

1. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote - Similar Threads - Import OneNote 2010

2. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  3. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  4. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  6. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  7. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  8. HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!: Hi, I finally decided to make the move from Evernote to OneNote. I used the OneNote Importer on Windows 10 and selected all notebooks from Evernote. The process took 30 minutes and completed import of over 2000 notes. HOWEVER, when I launch OneNote app on Win 10, there is...
  9. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import onenote 2010 to win10

2. windows 10 onenote import onenote 2010