Windows 10: Import photos from device from specific folder

Discus and support Import photos from device from specific folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to import the pictures of my phone with the Photos App However it presents me also the pictures of whatsapp and many others which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Banzeo, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Banzeo Win User

Import photos from device from specific folder

Hello,

I'm trying to import the pictures of my phone with the Photos App
    However it presents me also the pictures of whatsapp and many others which are not pictures I have taken.
    The phone contain also an SD Card with the pictures of my previous phone.

How can I limit the import from one or more specific folders ?

Thank you

:)

Banzeo, Mar 1, 2021

2. Import Photos From Specific Folder

Hello there,

I have an android phone and i want to import photos on my phone to my windows 10 pc.

On "My computer" i right click to my device and click to "import photos and videos". But its importing whole folders including app icons and system image files etc. Can i choose specific folder to import? I want to import only camera folder, not the entire
    device.

I know i can manually copy paste camera folder to my pc but i prefer doing this within "import photos and videos" because its creates folders day by day which is makes my job very easy.

How can i import from specific folder?

Thanks...

SinanKarabulut, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Import photos from device from specific folder

How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

Is there a way to import photos from a folder? In other words, I would like to us the import photo feature commonly found in picture editing applications, but would like to point to a folder on my desktop (c:\ drive) rather than a camera or external device. The reason I want to do this is because I want to group the photos in folders by date taken and have then moved to my "Pictures" folder along with all my other photos. In the past, I used Google Picasa 3 to do this, but it is no longer supported and I would like to find another way. Any suggestions?

yellowjacket03, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Import photos from device from specific folder

1. Import photos from device from specific folder - Similar Threads - Import photos device

2. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  3. Importing photos from camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from camera: I have a Fuji JX420 digital camera, about 10 years old. All of a sudden, it won't let me import photos from camera to computer. I get a msg " 0 videos imported" but I'm not trying to import videos, just photos! I even tried shooting a video and importing it, and got the same...
  4. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  5. importing photos from iphone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    importing photos from iphone: How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-iphone/646153ff-8737-42bf-a7c8-ee7d9632b454"
  6. Unable to import photos from Android device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  7. Importing photos from iPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from iPad: Hi all, I need some help importing my photos from my iPad as my storage was full. When I plugged the device (with USB cable) into my PC it came up with some options about importing and I clicked OneDrive. I then allowed importing on my iPad and nothing happened. Also in...
  8. importing photos from samsung

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    importing photos from samsung: I have been trying for months to import photos from my Samsung s7 edge and I cant seem to do it. I plug in my USB and follow all that the computer said which was literally plug in USB and it just sits on 0 items found so far for hours . I am beyond the point of stress and...
  9. How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to import photos from folder (not an external device): Is there a way to import photos from a folder? In other words, I would like to us the import photo feature commonly found in picture editing applications, but would like to point to a folder on my desktop (c:\ drive) rather than a camera or external device. The reason I want...
  10. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices: I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't. This is what I get for options. [img] I don't even have the options in my autoplay settings and default settings. Any help would be great. 22675