Windows 10: Import photos to a drive and folder of my own choice

Discus and support Import photos to a drive and folder of my own choice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In all of my photo import possibilities (Photos, Nikon Transfer, etc), files are automatically sent to One Drive, which I do not wish to use. Even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VeronicaGamble, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Import photos to a drive and folder of my own choice

In all of my photo import possibilities (Photos, Nikon Transfer, etc), files are automatically sent to One Drive, which I do not wish to use. Even if I select a different folder (eg. images/..my own folder name..) it adds that folder to one drive. I tried disabling One Drive, but the importation still went to some mysterious one drive location, and I was unable to find it. How can I import photos to a destination of my own choice?

:)

VeronicaGamble, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 1, 2019
  3. How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

Is there a way to import photos from a folder? In other words, I would like to us the import photo feature commonly found in picture editing applications, but would like to point to a folder on my desktop (c:\ drive) rather than a camera or external device. The reason I want to do this is because I want to group the photos in folders by date taken and have then moved to my "Pictures" folder along with all my other photos. In the past, I used Google Picasa 3 to do this, but it is no longer supported and I would like to find another way. Any suggestions?

yellowjacket03, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Import photos to a drive and folder of my own choice

Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

Windows 10 Import pictures from SD card

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Import photos to a drive and folder of my own choice

1. Import photos to a drive and folder of my own choice - Similar Threads - Import photos drive

2. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  3. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  4. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Drive/Photo import

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Drive/Photo import: I am running Windows 10. For years I have been downloading photos from my camera jpeg and raw on One Drive so I could delete the ones I do not want and send the remainder to my editing software. Now I get a notice "Something went Wrong", photos do not import and the program...
  6. Windows photo import does not sort into folders

Windows photo import does not sort into folders: My Windows 10 Home used to import photos from my Sony XQD card reader and put each import session into a folder. It used to do it by month folders appeared as 2020-01 then through 2020 it has started doing it by day folders appeared as 2020-08-03 and now recently it just...
  7. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  8. Importing photos

Importing photos: I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. I have a Pentax camera which was on the previous version. Since the upgrade I tried to download photos from my camera to my laptop but all mention of my camera from the Device Manager has disappeared. When connecting...
  9. Importing Photos

Importing Photos: Hi, can you help me please! We are trying to import photos from 2 different ipads to one PC. Some photos are held on both ipads & as a result we now appear to have duplicate photos that have been scanned awaiting import although only one ipad is connected at any one time....
  10. Importing into Photo, but want to use my folders

Importing into Photo, but want to use my folders: I gave up on mac since they are not updating my beloved mac mini. Got a Dell with windows 10. I have downloaded all the programs and most of the files. Even downloaded iTunes and my music with the library titles. My pictures though are a problem. No iPhoto for pc so I...