Windows 10: Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019)

Discus and support Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to import the .pst file of my old PC (Win 7, Outlook 2010) on my new PC (Win 10, Outlook 2019). You used to be able to do that by simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nefthys, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019)

I want to import the .pst file of my old PC (Win 7, Outlook 2010) on my new PC (Win 10, Outlook 2019).

You used to be able to do that by simply copying the .pst file into the "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook" folder but it seems like it doesn't work like that anymore.

Every time I open Outlook 2019 it asks me to enter the info for the e-mail adress my Outlook 2019 key is connected to but I don't want to do that because, like I said, I already have a pst file with all of my e-mails accounts.

I'm aware you can use

outlook.exe /pim "No Account"

to start Outlook without an account but this creates a profile called "No Account". I tried creating a new one with the name "Nefthys" and set it as default, then deleted the "No Account" one but now it's back to asking me to enter the account info for my e-mail address.

How do I import my old .pst file into a "Nefthys" profile in Outlook 2019 without entering my account information first?

submitted by /u/Nefthys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nefthys, Dec 25, 2019

2. Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account

I am closing an e-mail account that I have been using for many years. I am not worried about e-mails, the ones I need, I have copied to my new e-mail account. What has me stuck is getting all my contacts into my new e-mail account. I have tried exporting and importing without any success. There is a lot of information in my contacts and it would take way too long to enter all the information manually.

Any suggestions? Please have some suggestions!

alkaufmann, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 25, 2019
  4. DxAb Win User

Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019)

Can I import a .pst file (Outlook e-mails) to Windows Mail and view them using Windows Mail?

Can I import a .pst file (Outlook e-mails) to Windows Mail and view them using Windows Mail? The computer has a Windows Vista Home Premium OS with Microsoft Office 2007 installed.

Thema:

Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019)

1. Import pst without connecting an e-mail account (Outlook 2019) - Similar Threads - Import pst without

2. Trying to connect to update e-mail Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to connect to update e-mail Outlook: I have an open internett acess, but Outlook is indicating trying to connect, and my mailbox is not updated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-connect-to-update-e-mail-outlook/b5876a7a-c3b8-4b1f-a6ce-c4d350757960
  3. Trying to connect to update e-mail Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to connect to update e-mail Outlook: I have an open internett acess, but Outlook is indicating trying to connect, and my mailbox is not updated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-connect-to-update-e-mail-outlook/b5876a7a-c3b8-4b1f-a6ce-c4d350757960
  4. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  5. Outlook e-mails

Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  6. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  7. Word(Office 2019) can't convert pdf files / Outlook crashes pst import

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word(Office 2019) can't convert pdf files / Outlook crashes pst import: Hi, I did a clean windows 10 ver.1809 installation and decided to take up an offer from Microsoft HUP and also installed the newest Office Professional Plus 2019 package. Also did Kari's tutorial of User file relocation which I have done many times before. All worked well....
  8. Import .pst files into Mail

Import .pst files into Mail: I have upgraded to a new pc and want to use Mail instead of Outlook. Is there any way I can import my .pst backups and folders into Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pst-files-into-mail/7679e0e1-7242-4c4e-989f-982c8945294d
  9. Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account: I am closing an e-mail account that I have been using for many years. I am not worried about e-mails, the ones I need, I have copied to my new e-mail account. What has me stuck is getting all my contacts into my new e-mail account. I have tried exporting and importing without...
  10. Importing Outlook Express E-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Outlook Express E-mail: My parents Windows 7 laptop fried recently, I got them a new HP 350 G2 which came with Win8.1 and i upgraded to 10. My father used to use outlook express with an email through his ISP, and the only way I see to import that email into a new account involves being on the...