Windows 10: Importance of Updates?

Discus and support Importance of Updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updates are obviously necessary to maintain a healthy computer. I know this, because Microsoft says so. If they're so important why would one wish to,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Solina Dave, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Importance of Updates?

Updates are obviously necessary to maintain a healthy computer. I know this, because Microsoft says so.

If they're so important why would one wish to, or feel it necessary to, uninstall one of them? I don't have any idea what 99% of them are anyway. What advantage could there be to uninstalling an update that Microsoft has determined is needed for the efficient operation of my computer, and its Windows 10 operating system?

I searched for an answer. I said, "why remove an installed update?" All I got back was many methods of uninstalling an update, but no reason for doing it. I probably just missed that part somewhere. Help me understand. And keep it relatively simple please.

Thanks...........................Dave

:)

Solina Dave, Feb 13, 2020

2. Importing photos

Hi Susie,

Is the phone not recognized or is it not importing the pictures automatically?

Is Nokia PC suite installed in your PC? Is that not recognizing the phone as well?

I would suggest you to open device manager and check if the device is listed in the device manager. Right click on the start button and click on Device manager. Check if the device is listed there . If it is listed, right click on the entry and click update
    driver. If the device is not listed, check if the device is listed under other categories. I would also suggest you to click on the 'View' menu button and click on "show hidden devices' and check if you find any entries related to your phone. Try these steps
    and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Feb 13, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Importance of Updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Importance of Updates?

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Importance of Updates?

1. Importance of Updates? - Similar Threads - Importance Updates

2. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  3. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  4. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hello There, i just formatted and been updating and installing my softwares.but i saw the below message on the windows update page : Your device is missing important security and quality fixesany idea please for solutions ?...
  5. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hello There, i just formatted and been updating and installing my softwares.but i saw the below message on the windows update page : Your device is missing important security and quality fixesany idea please for solutions ?...
  6. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...: I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and quality fixes .error 0x80070643.At the moment I have windows 10 .Pls reply Regards....
  8. I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...

I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...: I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and quality fixes .error 0x80070643.At the moment I have windows 10 .Pls reply Regards....
  9. Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...

Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...: On the Windows Update tab in my Settings, it shows Error Encountered below the words Windows Update and a line of text in yellow that says Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. After that it says There were some problems installing updates, but we'll...
  10. Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...: On the Windows Update tab in my Settings, it shows Error Encountered below the words Windows Update and a line of text in yellow that says Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. After that it says There were some problems installing updates, but we'll...