Windows 10: Important files uninstalled, etc.

Discus and support Important files uninstalled, etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I posted one of these before, but for some reason I can't sign into Feedback Hub. Anyway, the problem I'm currently having is either I or the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Psy_Art, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Psy_Art Win User

Important files uninstalled, etc.

I posted one of these before, but for some reason I can't sign into Feedback Hub. Anyway, the problem I'm currently having is either I or the computer may have uninstalled some important files for the device to function properly. I'm noticing issues like, having errors when I try to open a file, not allowing me to force reset it keeps telling me that there are corrupted files, and uninstalled the audio driver. I've tried updating the computer, and using Powershell to figure out the issue, but all have been failed attempts. Is there anything to fix this, or will I have to get a newer computer?

I have a Galaxy TabPro S by the way.

:)

Psy_Art, Apr 8, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Important files uninstalled, etc. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 8, 2020
  3. IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 8, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

FSX Microsoft or P3D Lockheed Martin

Strong possibility if he just physically uninstalled the 980 then physically installed the 1080 with out doing the OTHER important steps...

DRDNA, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Important files uninstalled, etc. - Similar Threads - Important files uninstalled

2. Uninstalling important apps from Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling important apps from Windows.: It's a bit strange question, I don't think it would be answered here. But how is possible to uninstall Windows pre-installed apps like a Settings app?...
  3. Uninstalling important apps from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling important apps from Windows.: It's a bit strange question, I don't think it would be answered here. But how is possible to uninstall Windows pre-installed apps like a Settings app?...
  4. Uninstall pre-not-installed Spotify, WhatsApp, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall pre-not-installed Spotify, WhatsApp, etc.: Hello everyone,on a clean Windows 11 installation is a lot of bloatware, which in some weird state - it's there, but it's not installed:If I right click on "Spotify", there is "Uninstall", but the app is not listed anywhere:The same is, when I use PowerShell to list all apps...
  5. Uninstall pre-not-installed Spotify, WhatsApp, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall pre-not-installed Spotify, WhatsApp, etc.: Hello everyone,on a clean Windows 11 installation is a lot of bloatware, which in some weird state - it's there, but it's not installed:If I right click on "Spotify", there is "Uninstall", but the app is not listed anywhere:The same is, when I use PowerShell to list all apps...
  6. Files etc gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files etc gone: Feb 27th 2021 there was an update late evening. Feb 28th early a.m. did work on computer- no files, documents , connections, history, favorites and photos all gone. Where ? how do I get at them? Why would an update do this??...
  7. etc file deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    etc file deleted: I accidentaly deleted the etc folder. Is there any possible way to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etc-file-deleted/d0f0fa26-c28b-44f0-9e11-4d8fcfa57d1b
  8. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc: I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has...
  9. uninstalling all this microsoft merchandise game etc ****

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstalling all this microsoft merchandise game etc ****: how can i get rid of all this stuff that i don't use like microsoft store. I have an HP stream just because the work I do right now can't be done on a mac, but the i'm constantly getting disk full messages and all i'm putting on there is basically word files. i download audio...
  10. Deleting .ETC files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting .ETC files: I came across a folder which was reported as empty and tried to delete it. I had to take ownership but still could not delete it --- then found it had around 10 MB of .ETC log files relating to such things as incorrect shutdown from last year and this year. Can I delete these...