Windows 10: important icons missing after update

Discus and support important icons missing after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After another Windows 10 update, my battery icon disappeared from the taskbar. Following the steps provided in the help center do nothing, as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sabrinamak1985, Jan 20, 2020.

1. important icons missing after update

After another Windows 10 update, my battery icon disappeared from the taskbar.

Following the steps provided in the help center do nothing, as the option to restore the icon to the taskbar is grayed out in Settings. There is no option to 'restore hidden icons', either.

Also, there is no option to safely eject media on the taskbar. And no option to restore that option.

Every single time I've tried to message and agent or get them to call me back, the program shuts itself down, and that's that, I suppose. There are no options for me to fix my computer and I can't get in touch with anyone to help.

I shouldn't be surprised. This is so typical of Windows updates. They take over my computer for hours without my permission and then something is always messed up when I'm finally able to access my computer again. I should just get an Apple at this point, I suppose.

:)

sabrinamak1985, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 20, 2020
  4. important icons missing after update

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

important icons missing after update

1. important icons missing after update - Similar Threads - important icons missing

2. After 22H2 update icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After 22H2 update icon is missing: Icons on taskbar are missing after this long update of 22H2. I cant find it anywhere at the same time the system tray icon are also missing. I look and found out that many people reporting this, and I want to resolve mine. Please help me....
  3. WIFI icon is missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI icon is missing after update: My PC got updated and my WIFI icon went missing. How can I fix this one I dont know enough about computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-is-missing-after-update/ff63595a-9236-44af-a209-70e88390261e
  4. WIFI icon is missing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI icon is missing after update: My PC got updated and my WIFI icon went missing. How can I fix this one I dont know enough about computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-is-missing-after-update/ff63595a-9236-44af-a209-70e88390261e
  5. WIFI icon is missing after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  7. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  8. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Important updates missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important updates missing?: [ATTACH] I've got updates enabled, but getting this message. https://preview.redd.it/2pv8tqxy6zy61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=e93f5f743bfee0c5ccb29700be88e47db6674366 submitted by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog [link] [comments]...
  10. "your device is missing important updates Select this icon for more...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "your device is missing important updates Select this icon for more...: “your device is missing important updates Select this icon for more info” Uh-oh. First time I have seen this icon in my task bar. win 10 pro. Running WUB 1.1. default configuration. winver 1803.xxx. Well I am not clicking on that icon. Anything to be concerned about? I’d like...