Windows 10: Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone

Discus and support Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve been developing mobile maps applications for about 10 years, since the first smartphones came with GPS. As the market evolves, we keep in step by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone

Source: Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone - HERE 360

Brink, Mar 14, 2016
  2. ARC1020 Win User

What changes are happening on that date that will break their apps? Is that when Redstone is going to be released?

TBH, I've been expecting this was going to happen, as the Here apps are the last to go. Of the apps that were in Windows Phone 8, the ones that weren't Microsoft ones (Lumia apps, Here Apps, MixRadio, etc.) have either been merged into Microsoft Apps or deprecated.

It's not necessarily a bad thing as there was too much duplication before, which was messy and confusing, I.E. Here Maps, Here Transit, Here Drive, Microsoft Maps. So having it all in one app that can be used across all devices makes more sense. Maybe a bit of a bummer for people in countries where the Windows Maps voice navigation doesn't work as well as Here Drive did. And I also think the Windows Maps app needs to have a 'Driving Mode' where it acts more like a full screen in-car Navigation system (like Here Drive).

Still gutted that MixRadio was deprecated though, as that functionality wasn't merged into Groove Music. Just need a way to remove old apps from the Windows Store library now, as I seem to have more apps that 'Don't work on this device' than apps that 'Work on this device'. *Smile

:)

ARC1020, Mar 14, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    93tid, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone

Petr Vones, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Thanks for that info @Brink!

W10 Mobile is slowly getting better! *Smile
    I figured navigation was being condensed into 'Maps', it finally works flawlessly and effortlessly on Build 10586.164! *Smile

Turn by turn spoken navigation, even if you lose or wander away from your signal/connection!
    And, unlike Google Maps, it will re-route you on the fly if you make a wrong turn, without a connection! (You must download the area maps).

[youtube]N1Do1s5yBtE[/youtube]

(I just noticed, my car is a pigsty!) *Redface

Now, if they would just get Cortana and Groove to work like it did in W8.1!!! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 14, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    @Edwin! You just made a commercial!*Roflmao2
    Seriously, nicely done.

Cliff S, Mar 14, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Thanks. When do the royalty cheques arrive?! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 14, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

You need to change your YouTube settings for that then*chuckle

Cliff S, Mar 14, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    The HERE navigation is quite nice. I used it recently to find my way in and out of the conference center in Orlando.

Thema:

1. Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone - Similar Threads - Important information HERE

2. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  3. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  4. About "Your Phone" App 's "Apps" Feature :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About "Your Phone" App 's "Apps" Feature :: Why Apps Feature Is Running On Android 9 Or Newer With Samsung Devices ?PLEASE Make Your App Running That Feature For All Devices With All Versions.PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE !...
  5. About "Your Phone" App 's "Apps" Feature :

About "Your Phone" App 's "Apps" Feature :: Why Apps Feature Is Running On Android 9 Or Newer With Samsung Devices ?PLEASE Make Your App Running That Feature For All Devices With All Versions.PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE !...
  6. Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edit or delete information about contacts in the People app?: Contacts move or change e-mail accounts. I've made typos when entering info and can't correct them. Some have two email addresses, one of which I must be careful not to select when I send an email. Another changed her phone number years ago, yet People wants me to call her at...
  7. Any help here with the Phone companion app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help here with the Phone companion app?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ryanoman2018 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln45nk/any_help_here_with_the_phone_companion_app/
  8. Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone

Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone: Hi - Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Currently I use an inexpensive cell phone (Verizon) in connection with my wireless landline system. This Panasonic wireless phone easily Bluetooth links to my cheap cell phone and I am able to use my...
  9. Important Information About Scam Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Important Information About Scam Emails: This is pretty important, so please just read this and be aware: Rule #1: ALWAYS use a computer that has an onscreen mouse (a desktop computer or a laptop computer) to check your emails that are very important, such as emails from your: bank account, work emails,...
  10. Here’s first look at Windows 10’s phone dialer for Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s first look at Windows 10’s phone dialer for Your Phone app: Your Phone app, which is built into Windows 10, is truly great if you’re an Android user and you want to get your text messages, recent photos, and Android notifications on your PC without even touching your handset. Microsoft is bringing some much-needed smartphone...