Windows 10: Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

Discus and support Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I know people are always inventing new spyware/viruses so I just wanted to check if it was possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

Hi all,

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I know people are always inventing new spyware/viruses so I just wanted to check if it was possible for an .MP4 file to be infected with a virus?

I've always thought .MP4 files and other video formats were 100% safe, but is this still the case in 2020?

I'd appreciate the input from the computing experts here.

Thank you.

EDIT:
    I've been feeling a lot of paranoia around this question so any help would be great!

:)

NiceAndShy, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

Hi Ogunmola,

There are several possible reasons why you are unable to update your virus and spyware definitions in Windows 10. The most common cause is internet connectivity. If you are online, it can be caused by conflicts with the settings in Windows Internet Explorer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there issues with the internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For steps to help resolve this issue with updating the virus and spyware definitions, you can refer to
    Giridhar J's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 21, 2020
  3. cookies1 Win User
    Infected by mail.ru virus

I reinstalled Java, now its version is 64-bit. We have deleted and cleaned a lot of things. So I think I shouldn't think my PC is infected now. I thought silly about residual files, sorry for that. This infected virus disrupted my psychology. Anyway, is there any step to clean or do something else for harmful file or stuff in my PC?

Thanks. Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected? :)

cookies1, Apr 21, 2020
  4. bruinator Win User

Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

1. Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected? - Similar Threads - Important Question Spyware

2. Infected file by a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected file by a virus: Hey guys. I have a problem and my problem is that, my laptop had a virus and i was able to remove it but my files were infected and i can't open them like videos and photos etc. I wanna know if is there anyway to fix them, because i really need them and the virus added an...
  3. Infected file by a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infected file by a virus: Hey guys. I have a problem and my problem is that, my laptop had a virus and i was able to remove it but my files were infected and i can't open them like videos and photos etc. I wanna know if is there anyway to fix them, because i really need them and the virus added an...
  4. Infected file by a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Suspect infection with Spyware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspect infection with Spyware: I switched to Windows 11 and upon startup recieved a SYSTEM warning that there was an active screen reader with no Unknown file location. Upon entering my Event Viewer I immediatly noticed activity and shared files, photos, password's and so on had taken place. I researched...
  6. Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?: Hi all, Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I know people are always inventing new spyware/viruses so I just wanted to check if it was possible for an .MP4 file to be infected with a virus? I've always thought .MP4 files and other video formats were 100% safe, but is...
  7. Virus and spyware

Virus and spyware: Can malware be updated without the purchase of virus and spyware defender?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware/02d9616b-3c0a-4a6b-a71b-08d546770048
  8. Question about Viruses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Viruses: Hello I’m worried that I have a Rat or a keylogger on my pc and i wanted to know if one of these or any sort of malware attach themselves to MP3 or Wav files cause I wanna back up my music and all that but I don’t know if these can infect those files or not. Google won’t give...
  9. Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??

Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??: Recently, for many sites where they require me to click on the box to confirm "I am not a robot", there is another box popping up requesting me to choose all the images of either "crosswalks", "bus" or "cars".... It's VERY TROUBLESOME. However, at the same time I use another...
  10. Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Is this a Virus or Spyware?: I tried Revo Uninstaller but it couldn't find Nox App Player, so I installed it again and used Revo to uninstall it but no results. Well, are you familiar with Regedit? Win+R+regedit.exe. Search for Nox_unload.exe + nox + nox player. Click F3 each time to reach the end of...