Windows 10: *IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32'/ 'Listview' Bug Coming Back or Not Solved??

Discus and support *IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32'/ 'Listview' Bug Coming Back or Not Solved?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft My system: -Windows 10 version 1909 18363.778 32bit The bug in this below thread is COMING BACK or Not Solved Before??... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sandi H., May 6, 2020.

1. Sandi H. Win User

*IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32'/ 'Listview' Bug Coming Back or Not Solved??

Hi Microsoft

My system:

-Windows 10 version 1909 18363.778 32bit

The bug in this below thread is COMING BACK or Not Solved Before??

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/important-syslistview32-bug-with-multiple-items/9e6198f7-a38a-4614-bc89-4781a9bde748?auth=1&page=1

Now with multi select on listview on any program using listview, d the mouse cursor jump to the TOP RIGHT of screen.

How to solve this SEVERAL OLD YEARS bug AGAIN?

:)

Sandi H., May 6, 2020

2. SysListView32 mouse selecting bug after Windows 10 - Fall Update

Dear Microsoft

You know you can use the api CreateWindowEx to create a 'SysListView32'.

If you have created a listview with API, then set it to large icons, or details mode.

Now add 100 items to the listview so that you will get a vertical and or horizontal scrollbar.

Then scroll to middle of the listview.

Try to select items, you will notice the Listview will move the mouse cursor to the lower corner or top of the screen.

This happened after the Fall Creators Update (of october 2017) version 1709.

The component that Microsoft updated to point you in the direction is 'mscomctl.dll' which has the bug.

(since Windows XP, up to vista, 7, 8, and 10 (before the Fall update) this always worked perfect.

You can try this bug with WinRar, WinZip, 7zip, of any program that using a Listview (SysListView32).

Just add enough items to the listview to get scrollbars, scroll to middle, try to select multiple items, and voila, the mouse starts to move by itself all over the screen.

I've tested this bug on 4 different Windows 10 machines before and after Fall update.

On 7z forums (which is another proggy i use) they have the same problem).

Ive also tested it myself with WinRar and WinZip. both also having this bug.

Please fix this bug as soon as possible, my software relies heavily on the SysListView32 like a lot of other software.

Kindly regards,

Michiel

Netherlands

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

Michiel123_708, May 6, 2020
  3. *IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32' Bug with multiple items selection with 'Windows 10 Fall Creators Update'

Dear Microsoft,

After the 'Windows 10 Fall Creators' update im having a problem with a lot of my software.

When i have a program that is using a 'SysListView32' component where you can select multiple files.

You will notice if you scroll down to the middle of the list by mousewheel or the scrollbars itself, and then try to select multple items,

that the mouse starts to go by itself to the bottom or top of your screen.

If you then try to keep holding down left button and moving in a direction, you see it's resisting, it wants to go to the bottom or top of screen.

Results:

Windows 10 Fall Creators version:

1709 (16299.19)

Test environment:

1 PC: Clean installation Windows 10 Pro, nothing installed except WinRar. To be totally sure.

4 PC: They had nothing in common with eachother, only that they all using a 1920x1080 screen and Intel i7 (860 up to 6700k) generation cpu

Results:

All the 5 PC's ive tested now when i scroll down to middle of list (SysListView32) at 'Icon' mode (but also 'Details' mode), and i try to select multiple items/files by mouse, the mouse starts to go to bottom or top of screen.

Happens with:

'Microsoft Windows Explorer', 'WinRar', 'WinZip', '7z', 'Ws FTP Pro'. they all have this bug now.

More applications i did not test with, it's obvious its the SysListView32 object.

Windows 10 Fall Creators version (Insiders edition):

1709 (17025.1000) and (17035)

Test environment:

1 PC: Clean installation Windows 10 Pro Insiders, updated with latest updates, nothing installed except WinRar to test.

Results:

For 'Microsoft Windows Explorer' the bug has been solved.

BUT. the bug remains for:

'WinRar', 'WinZip', '7z', 'Ws FTP Pro', and any non-Microsoft software for me.

Systems used:

I7 860 up to 6700k, 6 up to 16 GB, Nvidia 660TI up to 780TI, 1920x1080 monitors, SSD drives, Logitech mices (gaming and non-gaming).

I've even tested it to create a 'SysListView32' object with the 'CreateWindowEx' and stripped it to the bone.

Not even subclassed it or anything, and added 100 items to the list so that the listview gets scrollbars, then if you scroll to middle and try to select multiple items you see this bug happens.

Somewhere Windows 10 Fall Creators update is calling a 'SetCursorPos' API with the wrong coordinates.

Can someone please confirm this is a bug after the Fall Creators update?

Because this never happened before from Windows 10 all the way down to Windows XP.

You can test it yourself by having the Fall Creators update, then install rarlab.com (WinRar).

Then add 100 small files to a archive, then open the created archive with WinRar. Scroll down to middle of list, and then try to select multiple items. You will notice the mouse starts to go all over the screen
    selecting anything underway.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy)

Michiel123_708, May 6, 2020
  4. Tablacus Win User

*IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32' Bug with multiple items selection with 'Windows 10 Fall Creators Update'

I've made a fix program for the time being.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update(RS3) bug fix

Source code:

https://github.com//Windows10FCUBugFix

• When WM_MOUSEMOVE comes, check whether the left and right buttons are pushed
    • Then check if the class contains ListView
    Redraw with API "RedrawWindow" if 1.2 is true.

Thank you,

Tablacus, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. *IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32'/ 'Listview' Bug Coming Back or Not Solved?? - Similar Threads - *IMPORTANT* 'SysListView32' 'Listview'

2. solved. Microsoft bug with logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solved. Microsoft bug with logging in.: updated windows 11 computer says i have to set up new pin however when i click that it takes me back to the previous page. so im locked out of my account. i have tried safe mode but nothing happened. i also tried the command prompt to log in as admin. it didnt work however i...
  3. solved. Microsoft bug with logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    solved. Microsoft bug with logging in.: updated windows 11 computer says i have to set up new pin however when i click that it takes me back to the previous page. so im locked out of my account. i have tried safe mode but nothing happened. i also tried the command prompt to log in as admin. it didnt work however i...
  4. Old bug back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old bug back?: My Win 10 pro was automatically updated yesterday. Now, when I copy and paste a file with the same name from one directory to an other, a copy of the file name + copy +number is created instead of displaying the "overwrite or not" dialog. That use to be a Win 7 bug. Is it...
  5. Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet?: About a month ago the news appeared that with 2004 feature update Windows 10 got gimped to the point when it defragments SSDs instead of just trimming them. I've still not seen any response from MS nor was this mentioned in patch notes. Has this been fixed silently or are...
  6. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  7. *IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32'/ 'Listview' Bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    *IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32'/ 'Listview' Bug: Hi Microsoft My system: -Windows 10 version 1909 18363.778 32bit -Visual Basic 6 After coding something related to "listview" on VB6, with the code like this: ---------- Private Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongA" ByVal hwnd As Long,...
  8. deleted files come back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted files come back: I have two folders that I need to delete. Every time I delete them they re-appear after maybe 30 mins to 1 hour. I even delete them permanently from the recycle bin, but they still re-appear. Please can someone help. It's driving me mad! Thanks Mike...
  9. Windows Importer Bug?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Importer Bug?: Ok so I have this thing where I have a bunch of files. However, it doesnt show any of the programs-just the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-importer-bug/73644a3b-8f93-4d56-b92b-20ca3064e170"
  10. Win 10 reinstall bug [Solved]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 reinstall bug [Solved]: I'm having this issue. My PC was running slow so I decided to wipe it and start again. When it was installing the win10 again it got stuck at 64% and wouldant go further even after a couple of hours. Now I'm trying to do it off a usb and it asks for a key :/ I don't have one...