Windows 10: Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders

Discus and support Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro PC to Windows 10 all week and with the help of a Microsoft 2nd level Support Tech we were finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by moondoggy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. moondoggy Win User

Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders

I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro PC to Windows 10 all week and with the help of a Microsoft 2nd level Support Tech we were finally successful. His conclusion was that even though there were no corrupted System files on my PC, my PC suffered from a great deal of corruption. I thought this was strange as my PC was always rock solid but he downloaded a utility program called Tweaking.com Windows Repair from Tweaking.com. There were many check boxes on the left side of the app and he checked almost everything except the ones that were specific to Windows 8.x before invoking the repair process which took quite a while to complete. Not sure what all it did but it worked as we were able to get Windows 10 Pro installed on a system that previously choked every time we tried to invoke Windows update. Note that I did invoke the upgrade from a Windows 10 Pro install that I created by downloading the ISO file on my laptop. I wanted to get the name of this tool out there as I had not heard about this utility before and probably would have been afraid to use it had I not seen he Microsoft Tech use it. It seems to me that many people that are having issues installing Windows 1o may benefit from giving this utility a try. Others may find it beneficial to run this utility before they even attempting the upgrade.

:)

moondoggy, Aug 6, 2015

2. Important Tool for Windows 10 Upgraders

I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro PC to Windows 10 all week and with the help of a Microsoft 2nd level Support Tech we were finally successful. His conclusion was that even though there were no corrupted System files on my PC, my PC suffered
    from a great deal of corruption. I thought this was strange as my PC was always rock solid
    but he downloaded a utility program called Tweaking.com Windows Repair from http://Tweaking.com.
    There were many check boxes on the left side of the app and he checked almost everything except the ones that were specific to Windows 8.x before invoking the repair process which took quite a while to complete. Not sure what all it did but it worked as we
    were able to get Windows 10 Pro installed on a system that previously choked every time we tried to invoke Windows update. Note that I did invoke the upgrade from a Windows 10 Pro install that I created by downloading the ISO file on my laptop. I wanted to
    get the name of this tool out there as I had not heard about this utility before and probably would have been afraid to use it had I not seen he Microsoft Tech use it. It seems to me that many people that are having issues installing Windows 10 may benefit
    from giving this utility a try. Others may find it beneficial to run this utility before they even attempting the upgrade.

Moondoggy_451, Aug 6, 2015
  3. edjejong Win User
    WINDOWS 10 FREE UPGRADE

hello

you can use the upgrade tool from the link below to make the upgrade to windows 10 .

click on upgrade now and follow the instructions.

windows upgrade tool link :

Download Windows 10

I suggest to make a backup from all your important files on a external disk or one drive before you start the upgrade.

ty edje

edjejong, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders

1. Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders - Similar Threads - Important tool Upgraders

2. cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot instal media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10: Hi all,i am having real issues trying to upgrade my samsung laptop to windows 10,i am currently running windows 7,i am getting very conflicting views on wether the windows 10 upgrade is still free,? is it free i ask myself,as every time i try to run the media creation tool,i...
  3. Window 10 upgrade Media creation tool error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade Media creation tool error 0x80004005: Hi All :I have window 10 version 1909 and wanna upgrade to 22H2 by using media creation tool but always failed with error 0x80004005. I have tried many ways and spent a lots of time like upgrade or download ISO image to install option to Retained the Data and App some legacy...
  4. Trying to repair windows with upgrade tool

Trying to repair windows with upgrade tool: I downloaded the upgrade tool from this link and when I want to install I cannot choose the option to keep my files because it says it's an older version. But I have checked and it's the same version....
  5. Important query regarding Windows 10 upgrade

Important query regarding Windows 10 upgrade: Currently I'm using a 64-bit Windows 8.1 laptop. I want to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 for which I want to know that how much free space in C drive and how much Internet data will be required for the upgrade? Please resolve my query....
  6. Trying to upgrade to windows 10 but media creation tool not working

Trying to upgrade to windows 10 but media creation tool not working: Hi, So recently I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. I am attempting to use the media creation tool 2004. The tool starts up fine and no error message appears when attempting to download windows 10. The progress reaches 100%. When creating Windows 10 media...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.: Hey guys! Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which already has windows 10 pre-installed and on my laptop I created an ISO file using the media creation tool and saved it on my...
  8. Important precautions to take before upgrading to Windows 10

Important precautions to take before upgrading to Windows 10: I recently upgraded two brand new off the shelf "computers" to Windows 10 and a couple of precautions saved me a whole lot of time. I say "computers" in quotes because one was a cheap 10" tablet from WalMart and the other is a cheap stick computer I am now using as a media...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool: How long does it take to check for updates on the Media Creation tool for Windows 10? I am upgrading from 7. This same computer has been having issues with Windows Update and Internet Explorer. Can someone please assist me with this? 56264
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible": I wanted to upgrade Windows 10 November Update to Anniversary Update. I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool and it said "Display is not compatible" Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Direct X 12 1st Monitor: 1920x1080 2nd Monitor: 1360x768 Thank you! 58781