Windows 10: important Windows system files

Discus and support important Windows system files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi . Please provide a source for reading important Windows system files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohsenadabi, Jan 19, 2020.

1. important Windows system files

Hi . Please provide a source for reading important Windows system files

:)

Mohsenadabi, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Importing media files.

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with after upgrading to Windows 10, you can no longer import pictures from digital camera in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, please provide me with the following information.

• Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message along with the error code?

• Do you see any error message or exclamation mark in Device Manager when you connect the camera?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps how to check for exclamation mark in Device Manager.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager, double-click the
      device category.

• Check for the yellow exclamation mark against each category.
    There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred if the chipset drivers are not up to date in the system.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to update the Chipset drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please follow method 2.

Method 2:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

If the issue persists, please follow method 3.

Method 3:

You may also try running SFC scan and check if that helps.

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

important Windows system files

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

important Windows system files

1. important Windows system files - Similar Threads - important system files

2. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  3. Importing files in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing files in W11: Context: When importing photos from a device such as a camera or scanner, Windows 11 puts the newly imported photos in a new dated folder inside the target folder, thus creating a series of dated folders over time. Question: How do I stop this happening as I want all the...
  4. Importing files in W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing files in W11: Context: When importing photos from a device such as a camera or scanner, Windows 11 puts the newly imported photos in a new dated folder inside the target folder, thus creating a series of dated folders over time. Question: How do I stop this happening as I want all the...
  5. Importance of public address system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importance of public address system: PA stands for public address, i.e. casting sound to a large gathering louder than you could by talking or playing an acoustic device. Your first thought of PA speakers could be those used at concerts or sports stadiums, but there are so many other applications for a PA system...
  6. Importance of public address system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importance of public address system: PA stands for public address, i.e. casting sound to a large gathering louder than you could by talking or playing an acoustic device. Your first thought of PA speakers could be those used at concerts or sports stadiums, but there are so many other applications for a PA system...
  7. deleted important files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    deleted important files: I accidentally deleted the whole AppData folder and now the whole system is slow and the display drivers are missing. Should I format the windows? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-important-files/5e1a25db-d57f-451a-af5b-10d579087a92
  8. How to fix this? I have my important files in the system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this? I have my important files in the system.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GullibleKick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0nqjr/how_to_fix_this_i_have_my_important_files_in_the/
  9. Deleted Important File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Important File: I accessed an USB drive that had an important file that Win 10 home decided was a threat and appeared to delete it without warning. Is there any way to retrieve this file? submitted by /u/DennisJM [link] [comments]...
  10. Import Encrypting File System Certificate and Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Encrypting File System Certificate and Key in Windows 10: How to: Import Encrypting File System Certificate and Key in Windows 10 How to Import Your EFS File Encryption Certificate and Key in Windows 10 [img] Information The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and...