Windows 10: Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like...

Discus and support Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to add a folder to my imaging WIM file and used DISM to mount the WIM. I was able to mount the WIM and add the folder.When I unmount and save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lberns000, Jun 9, 2021.

1. lberns000 Win User

Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like...

I had to add a folder to my imaging WIM file and used DISM to mount the WIM. I was able to mount the WIM and add the folder.When I unmount and save changes. Insert the WIM into my MDT > task sequence the deployment kicks off and completes but it does not recognize the folder.I tried mounting/unmounting again to check it out and the folder is there with the contents I need. But during the imaging deployment it doesn't see the folder.Any suggestions on how to correct this.Thanks

:)

lberns000, Jun 9, 2021

2. Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

Hi All,

I need help with MDT. I want to create a task sequence which will take custom WIM at the time of installation. As I have different computer models and I don't want to import all WIM into the operating systems
    folder. I will make a shared folder where all of WIM's will be available and at the time of deployment, I will select from there. please help me with that.

Syed Daniyal Ali Zaidi, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

Hi Syed,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Using MDT, you could ideally have a single WIM that can take up model specific drivers during deployment, rather than having multiple WIMs. For more information on this, I would suggest you to post your query in the

MSDN Forums
    , where we have support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on driver management for deploying boot images.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like...

Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment

I want to run Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment as admin and execute my batch file automatically after user click a button. I used this code:

But after Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment opened as admin, it did'nt run the firsttime.bat. Is there any protocol required?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

NurhafizahOmar, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like...

1. Imported folder into imaging WIM via dism, during image deployment, deployment acts like... - Similar Threads - Imported folder imaging

2. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images, an OS image and a data image, across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  3. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  4. How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I deploy multiple .wim images using Windows Deployment Services?: We use WDS to deploy images to our systems. We need to be able to deploy two images across our domain. Can WDS do this? If so, how? If not, what other options are there?...
  5. Tweaking Deployment Image For Our Business?

Tweaking Deployment Image For Our Business?: The title is vaige but I will still likely continue to have questions. I created a Windows 10 (home) image for our company using an ISO directly from Microsoft in Audit mode. Configured the administrator desktop the way I needed it then did a bare metal clone both before and...
  6. Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment: Hi All, I need help with MDT. I want to create a task sequence which will take custom WIM at the time of installation. As I have different computer models and I don't want to import all WIM into the operating systems folder. I will make a shared folder where all of WIM's will...
  7. Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage

Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage: Hi, I've built a Windows 10 image from scratch on a laptop (HP), the model is used widely within the company I work for. We currently use a WDS server setup to install the image upon the relevant hardware platforms. However, network speeds and restrictions (no internet...
  8. Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Creating a deployment windows 10 image: Looking to create a deployment method for windows 10 pro image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-deployment-windows-10-image/0e17cc7e-fc76-461e-a0b7-a6ca36ef2da4
  9. DISM - Clone and Deploy using FFU Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISM - Clone and Deploy using FFU Image: How to: DISM - Clone and Deploy using FFU Image [img] Information Since Windows 10 version 1709, you can use DISM to capture and deploy FFU (Full Flash Update) images. FFU captures a disk sector by sector to a file container that holds an exact image of the disk. This...
  10. Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image: Hi all, I'm only a part time computer geek (OK, so more than part time), but I haven't dived into Windows ICD or image deployment. I know you use ICD to customize a provisioning package or image, but are there official tools or ways of converting a working live Windows 10...