Windows 10: Imported photos

Discus and support Imported photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm what's known as a dreaded newbie and my experience with computers is pretty limited, that's why I joined this forum, to hopefully broaden my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Logan, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Logan Win User

Imported photos

I'm what's known as a dreaded newbie and my experience with computers is pretty limited, that's why I joined this forum, to hopefully broaden my knowledge by tapping into yours.
    Before I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 my imported photos were sent to "My Pictures" and it was possible to drag them into their relevant folders.
    Windows 10 imports my photos to a box in a group named "Life at a glance" and I would like to transfer selected photos from this box to "My Pictures"
    If there is a simple answer to this question with not too many complicated clicks I would very much appreciate your reply.

:)

Logan, Jun 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 Photo's App deleting all imported photos without permission.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Since the photos are getting deleted without your intervention, I suspect this could be due to Virus/ Malware.

I suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning
    and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Also refer to this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-find-remove-virus

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 1, 2016
  3. SamAllen8 Win User
    Windows 10 Photo's App deleting all imported photos without permission.

Hello everyone,

It appears that as of recently, all of my photos that I import on to my computer are automatically deleted upon exiting whichever folder they are imported into. Inside of my main pictures folder I would have the collection folders that are created by the
    app (which I personally dislike, but that is irrelevant). My collection folder for this past month had well over 100-200 photos inside of it and upon importing more photos from my camera last night, all of the photos disappeared after the import completed
    and I had exited the windows explorer view of the folder (only after I wasn't looking it was deleted). This is not the first time this has happened, but is easily the most frustrating time out of all. I have noticed that whenever I create ANY folder inside
    of my pictures folder the same thing will happen to all of the files uploaded into it. So, long story short, I suppose my question is why is this happening and how do I stop it because it is quite literally making it impossible for me to edit photos and videos?

SamAllen8, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Imported photos

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum
    The ' Life at a glance' is a name for a group of Apps on the new start menu, which includes a photo app which is a quick way to view your photos (which should be still stored in my photos, just accessed differently)

Can you remember what you did to access them before, as you should still be able to do the same

I organise mine through file explorer (so in the below, where it says Pictures, that is just a shortcut to the My Pictures Location)
    With number 3 i can drag and drop the photos to organise them

Imported photos [​IMG]

paulsalter, Jun 1, 2016
  5. Logan Win User
    Thanks Paul,
    Problem solved ! *Smile

Logan, Jun 1, 2016
  6. Good to hear you have got it solved

Thanks for the update *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Imported photos

1. Imported photos - Similar Threads - Imported photos

2. How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...: I posed this question on 30 October 2023, when I started using a new Lenovo laptop computer running on Windows 11. The Import Photos and Video program had gone, back then. This meant that I had to manually file photos into the correct date, on File Explorer, which was...
  3. How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...: I posed this question on 30 October 2023, when I started using a new Lenovo laptop computer running on Windows 11. The Import Photos and Video program had gone, back then. This meant that I had to manually file photos into the correct date, on File Explorer, which was...
  4. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?: I want to import photos from my phone but when I load all of them, it does nothing. It is saying that it is importing but it really does nothing. I think it's because I dont have enough storage for them. How can I change localisation for imported photos??...
  5. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?: I want to import photos from my phone but when I load all of them, it does nothing. It is saying that it is importing but it really does nothing. I think it's because I dont have enough storage for them. How can I change localisation for imported photos??...
  6. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

7. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb: Downloaded Photos Legacy as needed my old trusty Video Editor and hate Clipchamp. Made a video. Saved it default as *.mp4. Opened it on another PC to edit more but Video Editor will only import *.vpb ? What am I doing wrong ?? Can't for the life of me work it out....
  8. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb: Downloaded Photos Legacy as needed my old trusty Video Editor and hate Clipchamp. Made a video. Saved it default as *.mp4. Opened it on another PC to edit more but Video Editor will only import *.vpb ? What am I doing wrong ?? Can't for the life of me work it out....
  9. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

10. How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive: I'm using Windows 11.When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I...