Windows 10: Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade.

Discus and support Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a complete reformat and upgrade of my daughters HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC over the last couple of days. Prior to this I saved backups of her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by saltyseadog, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade.

I did a complete reformat and upgrade of my daughters HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC over the last couple of days. Prior to this I saved backups of her photos, personal videos and her important files onto my own desktop PC. As her laptop was too messed up prior to reinstall/upgrade I couldn't connect via Home Network and did it using two 32GB memory sticks. I checked the files once they were imported to my Windows 7 PC and they all worked fine on it. However after re-importing them back onto her now Windows 10 OS laptop the photos, screenshots and written files are all fine but the videos are very jerky and switch between fine and blurry, ie colours blending in similar fashion to a negative photo, although the sound is working fine. I have installed and use VLC Player 64bit as the default player on both machines but have checked the same files on my PC where there are still copies and they work fine on my PC just not on the laptop. Does anyone have a reason or even better a solution to this problem?.

:)

saltyseadog, Apr 26, 2016

2. Problems playing wmv files in Windows 10

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and my videos (file format .wmv) won't play. They are automatically opened in the Windows 10 "Movies and TV" app but then don't play properly (very slow motion, jerky and garbled sound). Everything was fine in Windows 8.1.
    Help!

SteveKistler, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Videos

when I click to watch a video on line it crashes, or is jerky, or out of sync, very slow

HelenMillerSI, Apr 26, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade.

Just a guess -

Is the notebook using the Microsoft Basic display adapter drivers? They tend to give poor performance.

If you can come up with proper graphics drivers, that should fix things.

I'd look for drivers to see what's available, but "pavilion G6" covers many models.

bobkn, Apr 26, 2016
  5. Funny you should mention that as I had a problem on my own desktop PC a year or so ago and it turned out that the cause was Windows 7 stopping the update of new drivers to my graphics card by installing MSN versions. In the end I had to uninstall the drivers prior to installing the AMD versions and then rebooting. I will check out which version of graphics card I have with Speccy and do the same with this PC. Thanks again.

saltyseadog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade.

1. Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade. - Similar Threads - Imported Video Files

2. I lost very important files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost very important files: Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed to get hold of my account after 3 days and could retrieve it after a week later. When I got my account back I decided to...
  3. I lost very important files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost very important files: Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed to get hold of my account after 3 days and could retrieve it after a week later. When I got my account back I decided to...
  4. Very Important

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Important: In my notes I forgot I created a different file but I saved the one I deleted. I saved this one to replace the old one by accident and I need help on how to get the deleted on back please and thank you...
  5. Jerky wireless mouse after Windows 10 1809 upgrade - fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Jerky wireless mouse after Windows 10 1809 upgrade - fixed: April 18, 2019, I upgraded to Win 10 1809 Creator's Update then my wireless mouse was very jerky....it would not move for a few seconds etc. I rolled back my Acer Aspire laptop's display driver in Device Mgr to the previous one (there were only two to choose) and the problem...
  6. VERY IMPORTANT

in Windows 10 Customization
    VERY IMPORTANT: Who is ever to be wrong to take over the things are either hidden in Microsoft in Edge or MSN or in the outlook.com between the areas of the way the outerfit counterfit of the website looks are never the parts are in perfect for the auto-pilot being never to taken for granted...
  7. Import Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Import Videos: Hi all, I'm trying to import my videos from my SD card reader to my computer, however I keep getting an error message. I've had no problem in the past and these are 2 new videos that I have never imported before. Please help me :(...
  8. Jerky Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jerky Mouse: I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed and since the installation my Logitech wireless mouse is now stuttering all the time. I purchased the latest MS wireless mouse, and it to is doing the same, I can't play games let alone click on anything to start. Sometimes it works ok,...
  9. jerky stop motion video, dropping frames after upgrading from win7

in Windows 10 Support
    jerky stop motion video, dropping frames after upgrading from win7: I just upgraded today. We use the PC as a media center, so we watch live TV using ATSC cards. Every TV program I tried, the video drops frames, watching someone walk across the screen, they do not move smoothly. The sound is ok. Seems every half second, frames drop. This...
  10. Importing videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Importing videos: I'm new here so hello everyone! The option to import videos from my Samsung S5 Neo has gone so I can't upload them. This used to automatically upload them on Windows 8. My storage is now full on my phone so I need to upload the videos. Please help. 52729