Windows 10: Imported video has a green hue when playing?

Discus and support Imported video has a green hue when playing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10. I have an important project tomorrow, so I need help ASAP. I filmed and edited this video with my iPhone & then imported it to my pc. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emmmiiiii, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Emmmiiiii Win User

Imported video has a green hue when playing?

Windows 10. I have an important project tomorrow, so I need help ASAP. I filmed and edited this video with my iPhone & then imported it to my pc. The thumbnail looks ok, but when you play it, the colors are way off & everything looks green. I tried importing both 4k and 1040 versions of the video. Problem occurs only with videos, not photos. What could be the cause & what can I do to fix it? Thanks

:)

Emmmiiiii, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Philips Hue not working with Invoke and Cortana

Hi Pavel,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better understand your Philip Hue concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Can you please tell us the step-by-step process on how you're connecting Philips Hue to Cortana?
    • Are you encountering any error when connecting Philips Hue to Cortana?
    • What are the exact voice commands that you're using to control the light?

Argel Obm, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Video import and play on Windows 10

Hi Russ Bristol,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to play imported videos in Windows media player?

• What is the format of the video files you try to play using Windows media player?
    Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Check the file type.

Check if the file type is supported in Windows Media Player 12. You may verify the information below. The information is more or less the same except for few file types such as H.264, Xvid and DivX video codecs, AAC audio<sup></sup>
    and 3GP, MP4 and MOV container formats that are natively supported by WMP 12.

Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/

Step 2: Download and install codec.

If the file type is supported by the Player, make sure the codec used to compress the file is installed on your computer. Some codec’s aren't supported by the Player.

Here’s how you can check for the codec of the file.

To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 12:

• Determine whether the codec is installed on the computer that you are using to play the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. In the Now Playing area, right-click the file that you are trying to play, and then click
    Properties.

b. Click the File tab, note the codecs that are specified in the
    Audio codec and the Video codec areas, and then click
    OK. If the following condition is true, go to step 2.

No video codec is specified.

c. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

d. Click the Technical Support Information hyperlink.

e. Determine whether the video codec that you noted in step 1b is listed in the Video Codecs area. If the codec is not listed, go to step 2.

f. Try to reinstall the codec. If you cannot reinstall the codec, go to step 2.

g. Try to play the file. If you can play the file, go to step 3.

2. Install the codec.

To do this, follow the below steps:

a) If you receive an error message when you try to play the file, click
    Web Help. If you do not receive an error message when you try to play the file, go to step 3.

b) On the Microsoft Web site, click the link to the Wmplugins Web site. If this link is not present, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

c) Try to play the file. If you can play the file, skip step 3.

3. Obtain the codec from a external vendor. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vendors/en-us

If your file format you have downloaded/imported is not supported in Windows Media Player. However use your favorite search engine to search for the application that converts the file to the format that Windows Media player supports.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 15, 2018
  4. GFinKS Win User

Not all Videos Play on Facebook

Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only.

GFinKS, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Imported video has a green hue when playing? - Similar Threads - Imported video has

2. Blank Green Screen when hitting the play arrow for any video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Green Screen when hitting the play arrow for any video: When I hit the play arrow for any video the screen immediately goes to a blank green screen. I get the audio feed but no video. Is there a setting or device problem I can fix?...
  3. Anyone know how to fix this hue that shows up when playing any video? All videos from all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to fix this hue that shows up when playing any video? All videos from all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VikeAq [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3mfv7/anyone_know_how_to_fix_this_hue_that_shows_up/
  4. Green screen when watching a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen when watching a video: Hello, it must have been 2 months since I have empty green screens that appear randomly when I watch videos, whether on youtube, twich or netflix. However, I do not know that it comes from windows or the graphics card. There are several errors that appear at the time of the...
  5. Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.: Whenever i try to play saved videos, I can only see a green screen and not the actual video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-when-played-have-green-screen-and-not-the/9eaed6b0-a26c-491d-8b81-f40056ab5199
  6. Windows 10 green screen while playing videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 green screen while playing videos: why am i getting a green screen every time i watch videos on my laptop using windows 10 i can't play video's in settings & Netflix same problem there is a voice but on green screen!!! tell me what to do other answers didn't help me at all...
  7. green screen when videos play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    green screen when videos play: New Acer laptop, the videos (youtube etc.) play audio but only a green screen on video. The frames can be seen along the progress bar (sorry don't know terminology). How can I fix this? I have Windows 10 Home...
  8. Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen): Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website. First, Youtube Videos failed to load the actual videos, only having the sound playing, with only a black screen. I disabled Hardware Acceleration...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343