Windows 10: Importing a folder of favorites from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Importing a folder of favorites from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to import a favorites file containing many folders and individual favorite shortcuts from a Windows 7 PC into a new Windows 10 PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ed WM, May 9, 2019.

1. Ed WM Win User

Importing a folder of favorites from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Is it possible to import a favorites file containing many folders and individual favorite shortcuts from a Windows 7 PC into a new Windows 10 PC?

:)

Ed WM, May 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, May 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2019
  4. Importing a folder of favorites from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Importing a folder of favorites from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Importing a folder of favorites from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Importing folder favorites

2. Import favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Import favorites: Windows wipe out my favorites some very important on April 15 I put my computer on and window change everything lost all my flies and word doc I did manage to retrieve my files and pictures I call Microsoft and was on hold over 1 hr and 15 mins. I hung up I need help...
  3. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  4. import favorites from another browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import favorites from another browser: How do I import favorites from another browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-favorites-from-another-browser/6d2cfefb-691b-4e2a-8899-8b7873e0b8fb
  5. importing Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing Favorites: I imported ‘Favorites’ from IE to Edge but they are not displaying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-favorites/d9960ff0-6ff1-4f92-bd07-26a6c066e796
  6. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  7. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar...
  8. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks...
  9. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...
  10. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. favorites from windows 7 to windows 10

2. import favorites from windows 7 to windows 10

3. how to transfer favorites from windows 7 to windows 10

4. windows 7 favorites to windows 10,
  5. Windows 10 explorer did not update after imports of favorites from windows 7,
  6. import favorites windows 7,
  7. import windows 7 favorites to windows 10,
  8. FAVORITES OF WINDOWS 7 NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10,
  9. import favorites to windows 10,
  10. how to import win 10 favalites from win 7,
  11. importing favorties from 7 to 10,
  12. transfer favorites windows 7 to windows 10,
  13. favrorites win 7 to win 10,
  14. import folder favorites to windows 10 explorer,
  15. how to import favorites from a favorites folder